Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Legion World TOP 100 POSTERS OF THE YEAR (UPDATED FOR 2012) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Legion World TOP 100 POSTERS OF THE YEAR (UPDATED FOR 2012)
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
LWMB TOP 40 OF 2010

This chart ranks posters solely in terms of how many times they posted in the last year. The number following each poster’s name represents the total number of posts made in 2010, which was derived by subtracting the December 2009 post totals from those of December 2010. In the case of posters who entered the Top 40 this year (Dev Em, Mattropolis, Set, and Sarcasm Kid), the number of posts they had when they entered the Top 40 was subtracted from their December 2010 totals. People with zero posts in 2010 are excluded from the chart.

As it happened, exactly 40 posters posted at least once in the Top 40 this year.

For comparison, each poster’s current (December 2010) overall ranking is included in parenthesis.

1. cleome—6814 (12)
2. Quislet, Esq.—6170 (1)
3. Hrista Spjóti—5872 (4)
4, Chief Lardy—5474 (7)
5. Outdoor Miner—5396 (8)
6. Eryk Davis Ester—5035 (5)
7. Cobalt Kid—4564 (2)
8. MLLASH—4241 (3)
9. He Who LSHes—3496 (9)
10. Rockhopper Lad—3005 (11)

11. Mattropolis—2482 (24)
12. Fanfic Lady—2380 (27)
13. dedman—2166 (22)
14. Dev Em—1702 (28)
15. Sketch Lad—1194 (15)
16. Fat Cramer—880 (10)
17. Abin Quank—813 (23)
18. rickshaw1—800 (35)
19. Nightcrawler—472 (17)
20. Poverty LASH—438 (13)

21. Arachne—288 (38)
22. Reboot—210 (20)
23. Tamper Lad—174 (30)
24. Drake B3004—158 (18)
25. Blockade Boy—157 (37)
26. Set—131 (40)
27. Lad Boy—128 (41)
28. Vee—121 (14)
29. Loser Lad—99 (26)
30. Sarcasm Kid—73 (39)

31. Faraway Lad—71 (32)
32. Ultra Jorge—59 (31)
33 (tie). Tempest—32 (19)
33 (tie). Caliente—32 (33)
35. Invisible Brainiac—22 (34)
36. Future—17 (36)
37. Spellbinder—14 (29)
38. Kid Prime—7 (24)
39. the boy with Ultra Powers—2 (42)
40. Semi-Transparent Fellow—1 (21)

[ December 31, 2012, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: He Who Wanders ]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm really confused as to how you figured this out...
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not entirely sure I understand what is represented here, HWW.

Are you saying that, of the subcategory of top 40 overall posters, this is their internal ranking for 2010? Otherwise, if this just ranks volume of 2010 postings regardless of overall ranking, I'm fairly certain that quite a few posters would have more than 1 post.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I subtracted the December 2009 totals from the December 2010 totals. For example, Quis had 25,372 posts last December and 31,542 posts this December. Therefore, 31,542 - 25,372 = 6170.

In your case, Dev, you entered the Top 40 back in May, so I subtracted your total of that month (3986) from your total of this month (5688) to arrive at 1702. It probably would have been fairer to include all of your posts for 2010, but I wasn't keeping track of post counts below the Top 40 then.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Otherwise, if this just ranks volume of 2010 postings regardless of overall ranking, I'm fairly certain that quite a few posters would have more than 1 post.

Yes, it ranks only those who have been in the Top 40 during 2010. You're right that there are many below the Top 40 who posted more than some of those listed here. However, the large number of LW members precludes keeping track of everyone's post count. You gotta draw the line somewhere.

--------------------

lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Feh!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Do I detect a note of jealousy? [shrug]

--------------------

future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
Feh!

Double Feh! LOL [Wink]
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
On 2/1 I posted that I had 1230 posts and that was after a decent January. That in itself would put me at 4458.That's not counting December and January...which I'm not sure of...but I know that I was under 1000 until this year started.

Does not really matter.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
Originally posted by He Who LSHes:
In your case, Dev, you entered the Top 40 back in May, so I subtracted your total of that month (3986) from your total of this month (5688) to arrive at 1702. It probably would have been fairer to include all of your posts for 2010, but I wasn't keeping track of post counts below the Top 40 then.

I totally understand that the logistics of keeping track of everybody's posts all year would be impossible. No foul on that bro...just glad you keep track of what you do from month to month.
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I appreciate the difficulty in tracking all posters, month-to-month and year-to year. But it was a little confusing criteria; thanks for clarifying.

I found it interesting how many ranked for the year close to (or especially on) their overall ranking.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
quote:
Originally posted by He Who LSHes:

I totally understand that the logistics of keeping track of everybody's posts all year would be impossible. No foul on that bro...just glad you keep track of what you do from month to month.
Thanks for understanding.

I had to make some tough choices in assembling this chart. If I added in your 1230 posts, would that give you an unfair advantage over Mattropolis and others who weren't so dilligent about posting their own progress? Should I add in people from the Top 50 (SharkLad, Mystery Lad, CJ Taylor, and superboymddjr), who also put in very strong showings and whose posts I have tracked since around May in case they break into the Top 40 (as Set and Sarky did)? Ultimately, I came up with what I thought to be the fairest criteria. Obviously, not everybody is going to be thrilled by the results.

As for those of you who "fehed" my humble efforts. . . what can I say? Start posting more and maybe you'll make next year's edition. [Big Grin]

(Speaking of which, this is a work in progress and I expect to refine it by next year. If anybody has any suggestions on how to make it more equitable or representative of LW as a whole, don't be shy about posting them.)

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

The problem is twofold here. Unreasonable to expect you to track everyone and all the post counts for everyone.

On the flip side, posters such as myself who come in late to the top 40 loose months of posting...in my case at least 5 months total...with several of those months being huge.

I have a few ideas, that I will be thinking about and posting soon. To start with the first of the year. Make it as close to Jan - Jan as possible. I'll share soon.

Dev - Em
KIA

Things are already in the works. Everyone who hhas a post has been recorded already for next years list. More to come. End of line...
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
I know I have a LONG way to go to catch the big Top 40 posters, and maybe never will, but I had more posts in 2010 than half the folks on the list above. I understand, though, that you can't keep track of all of us.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.