Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » LMB Information Needed

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LMB Information Needed
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I am getting to the point in my fanfiction where I need data on LMB members and headquarters. I would like:

1. Profiles/Dossier Files on current active members.
2. A detailed description of various security devices Legionworld pocesses.
3. I need at least two or three villains to throw at Question Kid for him to establish credibility with the LMB.
4. I need to know more about Zardi's personality and goals. I am gearing up for a scene where Question Kid meets him disguised as Jose Jimenez. Would Zardi's magic alert him to the boy's powers? Would Question Kid be able to absorb his memories or would they be protected?
If the answers to those two questions is yes, would Zardi realize it and mindwipe Question Kid (it wouldn't be very affective though, I will explain why if you want) or could I use it as a plot device?

5. Would it be okay to roleplay as my new character once the fanfiction is over? I really don't understand why you need multiple IDs to roleplay more than one character. If I have too, I can always sideline Red Arrow for awhile (Red Arrow is my display name, not my username).

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Red Arrow:
5. Would it be okay to roleplay as my new character once the fanfiction is over? I really don't understand why you need multiple IDs to roleplay more than one character. If I have too, I can always sideline Red Arrow for awhile (Red Arrow is my display name, not my username).

If you want to rolepleay as both characters, go ahead and do so. We understand the constraints of the one I.D. Just try to make it as clear as possible who's talking or acting in each post. That's been done before, so it's far from unheard of. We'll adapt to it.

As for #1, browse this thread.

4) As for Zardi, I'm pretty sure he'd have some counter-measures for such an instant. Whatever you do, don't expose Jose as Zardi. We've got some developments in-store for that plotline. But a passing encounter where Zardi mindwipes your character shouldn't hurt anything. Abin?

3) We have a few lower tier villains. But I'm not sure where to give you references.

2) I'd say make something up. I'm not sure a "detailed description" really exists, so I don't feel like you'd be stepping on toes there. Just don't make it look too easy to breach.
As for the rest, I'd have to give some thought.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Red Arrow:
I am getting to the point in my fanfiction where I need data on LMB members and headquarters. I would like:

1. Profiles/Dossier Files on current active members.
2. A detailed description of various security devices Legionworld pocesses.
3. I need at least two or three villains to throw at Question Kid for him to establish credibility with the LMB.
4. I need to know more about Zardi's personality and goals. I am gearing up for a scene where Question Kid meets him disguised as Jose Jimenez. Would Zardi's magic alert him to the boy's powers? Would Question Kid be able to absorb his memories or would they be protected?
If the answers to those two questions is yes, would Zardi realize it and mindwipe Question Kid (it wouldn't be very affective though, I will explain why if you want) or could I use it as a plot device?

Think of Zardi as a Darkseid/Mordru/Thanos/Collector level threat. His stated purpose in life is to "protect" the existance of magic and magical creatures in an overwhelmingly scientific universe. His methods however are abhorrent. He collects magical creatures in his "castle," which is actually a pocket universe, and uses their power to augment his own. He believes that is the only way he can achieve his goal. One thing to remember is the fact that Zardi's presence on Legion World is tolerated because he has struck a deal with Mearl Dox, the Supreme Ruler of the Universe, to provide power to the Cack Dimension. Zardi must abide by his deal or he and his castle will be loaded into Mearl's Cannon and hurled into Legion World's sun. Likewise the Security Office cannot just throw Zardi off planet because they are bound to honor Mearl's deal with Zardi. It's a stalemate that leaves plenty of room for conflict between the two parties.

Question Kid touching Zardi would trigger Zardi's spell that causes everyone he meets to accept him in the role of jose jimenenenez and causes them to remember jose as always having been a very minor member of the security office. Now how that would fit in with QK's story is up to you.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Chief Lardy: Thank you. I will try to finish the fanfiction today. I'm very excited because the conclusion is going to both invigorate the current plot and provide a potential future plot.

I think I will just make up some nameless villains. All I really need to do is establish that Question Kid has incredible power. Look at any forum tournament and characters like Rogue, Leech, Black Alice, etc. go quickly.

Abin Quank: What threads would you recommend me look at?

Yes, that could work. I'll probably just have it been a strange encounter for Question Kid, because he pretty much absorbs an imprint of peoples' memories (unless he holds on the way Rogue held on to Ms.Marvel, but Question Kid has been there and done that as you will see).

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
This thread is a good primer for LMB HiJinks...

The Ongoing Tag-Team Thread

It's a little long but a great read.

[ February 19, 2011, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Abin Quank ]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Is there a map of Legionworld? I assume being an artificial planet there's laboratories somewhere?

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I think someone may have drawn a map of Legion World years ago, but I expect it has changed a whole lot since then. I think a lot of things have been left vague so they can be filled out organically as stories are told.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

I think this thread should be kept alive, and since I took quite a bit of information I will give some. It's very much like Question Kid. The first chart is a brief summary of her heritage, the second chart is her direct paternal line.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.