Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Tesseract Laboratories & Warehouses (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tesseract Laboratories & Warehouses
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Arrow had been working all night on the programming. Emily was diversifying the Lard-Bots. Her favorite creation was the one that replicated red solar energy. You never know who will interrupt your plans. She just kept reading through scientific material: Palmer, Ivo, Magnus, and of course Sivana. After hours of programming and research she finally tested her finished products.

"I command you in the name of Emily Lana Sivana to move two steps forward," She said. Emily had decided to leave the glitch in for security reasons, and she was curious as to what would happen if someone didn't have a middle name.

"Data accepted," It said and moved forward.

"Good. Now I command you to shoot at that poster," Emily said.

The robot did exactly as it was told.

"Say three words," She said.

"Long Live Legion World! Death to Captain Marvel!"

Emily sighed. Her ancestor had hid these words in the quantum level programming. Well, at least they can fight. I really don't want to go back in and fix that glitch. Besides, there is only one person who knows my real name is Sivana. Sebastian is in no position to reveal my family to anyone, he has dossier files on every team member!

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Arrow finished her last quantum physics problem and decided to go to bed in the hidden room she created in the Tesserect. She turned on all the security systems. Red Arrow and Question Kid had really inflated the Security budget, but both of them thought it was worth it. It was state of the art stuff with defenses against pretty much everything. She went to bed making sure was set. Emily rearranged her pillow and took out the photobook she kept underneath it. Sebastian helped her put it together, being sympathetic to memory problems. She took out one called: All-Star Squadron and kissed it. It would never happen again. Never ever would she let a super-team be massacred.
~~~
The team arrived outside the Tesserect. Question Kid was already trying to hack into the files but failed. He said, "The codes are a bit beyound me. Is anyone here good at physics?"

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev walked to the door of the Tesserect. "Im going to try the old fashioned way first and knock."

Dev knocks on the door rather loudly. "Hello, anyone in there?"

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I've a background in science, notably physics...but Dev has it well in hand.

Question Kid, like Lardy earlier, seems blind to the problem here. At what price, security? An army of robots on Legion World wil not inspire calm in the citizenry, but terror. Should they turn on the populace, as happened in the Dark Stu Saga, then it would be no better than the Red Bee. The ends cannot justify the means, otherwise we are no different from the savages and animals we protect Legion World from.

Should the Lard-Bots rise, I will remind our friends and allies once more that I am on one side only in all conflicts--the citizenry of Legion World.

Question Kid, can you determine which of our 'allies' initiated the activation sequence?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

A robot sentry came out of the Tesserect. It asked, Identify Yourself and Enter a Command.

Question Kid said, "I Sebastian command you to open."

The robot said, "Data Entry Partially Incorrect."

Question Kid said, "Hmmm...I don't legally exist so I don't have a last name so I'll make something up."Data Entry Partially Incorrect.

Question Kid was getting agitated, "Middle name really? Alright, then I guess Sebastian Alan Sage commands you to open the door."

The sentry said, "Data Entries accepted. You may proceed. Long Live Legionworld! Death to Captain Marvel!

Question Kid was proud of himself and made it inside. Then he heard the automatic message say, "Security check one of Four Complete."

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
"Well, this is going to be tedious."
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Timberwolf walked in after Question Lad.

"4 protocols huh? Think you can get us through them?"

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Dev pulls out his omnicom and makes a call .
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Question Lad said, "I will sure try. I know that these doors are reinforced with lead, so don't bother looking in."

He looked at his wireless device...this is his current screen:
Click for fullsize image

He then hooked it up to the tiny plug in the far left of the door.

"Hmmm...codes...cracking the codes...what fun," Question Kid said. These were not in quantum mechanics, thankfully. However, it was only information Red Arrow would personally know. Information that Question Kid had accessed multiple times.

He said, "Crimson Avenger." The first dot filled up. "Green Arrow." The second dot filled up. "Starman." The third dot lit up. "Vigilante...and so on." It was the super-hero names of all of Red Arrow's ancestors...the ones that were super-heroes that is. All the dots lit up and it was on to the third checkpoint.

The next checkpoint was a DNA scan, "Uh oh..." He smiled sheepishly. Buying the best security systems had a downside.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Dev walked up and stood before the scanner.

"Lon...you don't by chance have"

Timberwolf shook his head. "I had kept on of her fletches, but it got incinerated in the blast we got caught in. Nothing with her DNA on it bro."

"This might take a while then...see kid, I know a few things about dna."

He set his hand on the pad and began concentrating.

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Red Arrow woke up to the sound of beeps. She hastened over to the computers and checked the surveillence cameras. It was the Captain Marvel glith, right? And Question Kid...oh we will have such a talk. But Cobalt Kid is the worst of them all, we can't just sit while the enemy is planning. We should be going to the enemy and ending this now.

"Computer, activate security protocals 1-3. We have guests," She smiled. "Send the Lard-Bots I have that can reverse polarity. I think I need to tell Cobalt Kid some stories about justice and injustice. He seems to have forgotten why we fight in the first place."

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<watches as Dev and QK break through the security protocols.>

Time spent wasted while we could be ending this with the Bee.

Make no mistake--if I see a Lard-Bot I will destroy it. There is no place on Legion World for private armies. As one of the old Triumvirate of Legion World, I know this fact all too well.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Question Kid was getting annoyed, "You do not understand! Red Arrow may have different values than you," He stopped himself from saying justice. "But she is firmly on the light side because of her personal experiances. A is not B. The girl would rather die than become evil."

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

You are wrong. 'A is not B' should mean that the law is the law. Justice does not equal the use of private armies. I understand she is doing what she thinks is right but the path to hell is paved with good intentions.

Red Arrow will do whatever it takes to win. But that attitude does not equal justice, liberty or human decency.

Question Kid, you are a great strategist. But know that so am I. I have been a General of Legion World's armies for many years. I was the first Chief of Security. I do not see things in terms of battles or missions...I see this as one long, hard fought war where the liberty of the citizens of Legion World and the UP is the ultimate prize.

If the methods to destroy one enemy create another, what has been solved?

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<Cobalt pauses>

I know she is not evil. But the world is not always good versus evil. So many of us see it that way, in black and white...but it's only in the gray areas that liberty can be preserved most strategically.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.