Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » San Diego Comi-Con International...Save for 2013, our 10 Year Anniversary! (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: San Diego Comi-Con International...Save for 2013, our 10 Year Anniversary!
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I plan on being in Chicago at least for a day. Really wish I could afford to get out to see you guys, but it is 99% doubtful at this point.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, very cool!

I like the idea of pre-planning a few things. Not at the expense of spontenaity and serendipity, of course, but a few things to structure schedules around is not a bad thing at all.

Once i have a firmer sense of my own plans, i have a few ideas i might propose (and take on organizer duties for).

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
Just to be clear. I am a tentative.

Everybody's tentative at this point. [Smile]

Over lunch today with both Kabir and Matilda, we decided to plan dinner activities and things outside of the Con. We are going to have a tenth anniversary cake made and we'll have it either on Thursday or Friday night of that weekend.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mogli
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mogli   Email mogli         Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome! Cobalt Kid has just been added to our target list.
From: San Diego, CA. USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
2013 is a rare year where the Conn dates don't conflict with my annual family vacation, so I'm going to do everything I can to get out there! FYI, for NYC people, Jet Blue direct flights from JFK to San Diego are pretty efficient.

I really am amped up to go to the Con to visit Artist's Alley and the independent publishers booths (like Drawn & Quarterly, or Archaea).

But really, I want to be part of the official 10 year LW anniversary. My goal is to get at least three Princess Leia's to visit the LW table.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
If I make it out there, I'm going to wear a "Bring Back Lyle Norg" t-shirt.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
If I make it out there, I'm going to wear a "Bring Back Lyle Norg" t-shirt.

that's a rather transparent ploy...
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Since we're talking about flights we were on that later crashed, I was on one of the 9-11 routes.

But probably living in Manhattan is more dangerous, and I do that every day.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Pre-planning events is great. Just keep Thursday night free; that's usually the night of W00tstock and that's become a must-see event for me at the con. Again, assuming that I'll be able to make it at all.

UPDATED: Preregistration for 2012 attendees was today and I bit the bullet and registered. I have four single-day badges which, based on this year, should be converted to a four-day badge before the con. Now I just need to determine whether I'm actually available that weekend.

[ August 04, 2012, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Director Lad ]

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If I can get a pass than I am in. It's just become more real. Anybody have advice on where to stay? I don't think I mind paying more to be closer to the con or at least a short ride on the train.
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Throw me on the list too, depending on if I can get a ticket.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Haven't been here much, so I dare anyone to remember who I am, but I will be attending Comic-con in 2013... Contemplating cosplay in Rokk's classic 70s disco bustier, just need to find someone to make it for me [Big Grin] ...

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
rokk steady, Of course we remember you. You're the guy who owes me a hndred dollars! [Wink]

It is always good to see you here.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
<ulp!>
The check is in the mail!

--------------------

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Quis will forgive your debt, if you post pics of yourself in the Cosmic Boy bustier!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

If I ever don a Cosmic Boy bustier, a pic will most definitely be posted here, haha, I promise!

I won't promise, however, that you won't go blind viewing it.

--------------------

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.