Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2013 LW Gathering: Destination Chi-town (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: 2013 LW Gathering: Destination Chi-town
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Calling All Legion Worlders:

Off and on, over the past year or so, the topic has come up on a few different threads that the time is ripe for a massive Legion World get-together (similar to the one held in San Diego in 2008). Obviously, in order to make something like this a reality, there are quite a few things that have to be planned out well in advance and, for that reason, the discussion has always suggested that if we were to have the greatest chance of success - and the largest turn out - we would need a year or more to get our ducks in a row.

Considering that 2013 is the tenth anniversary of Legion World, there is no time like the present to kick this off right.

While there has been a little bit of preliminary planning among a few us, all of the major details (location, timing... you know... little things like that) are as yet undecided. The one thing that everyone agrees on, though, is that the single factor that will make this get together the biggest and the best yet is...

YOU!

That's right... we need your thoughts, your suggestions, but above all, your attendence.

Admit it... you've always wanted to party down with the coolest bunch of message board posters in all known space, and now is your chance to make it happen!

In the talks we've had thus far, we've decided that the best way to start off would be to firm up the actual location where this get together would take place, then begin nailing down the dates that would work best for the largest number of people.

So far, the location ideas that have been suggested are:

- Orlando, Florida
- Washington, DC
- Metropolis, Illinois
- Charlotte, North Carolina

...but what do we know? Maybe you've got the perfect place in mind that hasn't even occured to us. If so, chime in and let us know. After about a week or so, I'll gather up all the locations and put them up for a vote and we'll be one step closer to the most massive Legion World gathering ever staged.

So what do you think, Legion Worlders? Sound off...

[ April 03, 2012, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If it's in Orlando, FL, I can definitely make it. (Barring any last minute crisis, of course -- God forbid.)

If it's in Washington, DC, or Charlotte, NC, put me down as a "maybe."

If it's in Metropolis, IL, then I'm afraid I'll have to wait for the next gathering.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
No NYC?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Maybe you've got the perfect place in mind that hasn't even occured to us. If so, chime in and let us know.

quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
No NYC?

So... I'm assuming we've got an addition to the list, Sarky? [Wink]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Perth, Western Australia?

[Wink]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not beholden to the idea of meeting at a comics convention, but, assuming others are or that some want a con as an alternative to SDCC, there's the Chicago Comics Con, to be held August 8-11, 2013.

I attended the Chicago con back in 2004. It was a huge media event, with a lot of comics professionals attending, though not as large as SDCC, according to friends who have been to both.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I know that the idea is to get everyone together in one place, but financial reasons may put the bite on that. Perhaps, instead of one big con, we might do say... four regionals?

I could probably do Charlotte, and if my settlement comes through any time soon, maybe something along the lines of Orlando. San Diego is not very likely for a po'boy like me, though.

and given that internet access and laptops are omnipresnet, perhaps we could link up with our very on....

OMNICON!

Just a thought anyway.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
If certain plans that I have come to fruition, summer will likely be the best time for me to meet with folks. Location would be less of an issue for me. It's been said that meeting on the US east coast may make it easier for our European friends to make the trip. Gathering at a location with additional attractions, like Orlando, might increase their incentive to join us.

I do like the idea of meeting up at a convention, though, like HWW, I'm not married to the idea. It helps to give us something to do during the day that feeds into our collective obsession.

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll be turning to crime so I can raise the funds to attend!

[Evil]

[ETA- Okay, not really. BUT, if I find any extra coins on the street, I'm hoarding them for this trip, and not sharing them with mr_cleome or the cats!]

[ March 19, 2012, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: cleome45 ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
If it was in Chicago, I might be able to make it. Otherwise funds make things very difficult.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, hero con in Charlotte is June 22-24. Carol, Sam and I are gonna try to make it this year.

Can anyone else? We can do a day, so if you want to get together, we should all pick a day we can make it work. thoughts?

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll be at Motor City Con May 18 - 20.

Probably the 19th or 20th. Not sure yet. I know Suddenly Seymour will be there...

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:

...but what do we know? Maybe you've got the perfect place in mind that hasn't even occured to us. If so, chime in and let us know.

So what do you think, Legion Worlders? Sound off...

Manila, Philippines? [Razz]

Heck, I'm not picky. Bangkok, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur work for me, too.

Seriously though, I'll start saving up. If we decide on a final date early then maybe I can get cheap tickets.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I live in the Cincinnati area. I have never met even one Legion Worlder, but I would really like to. If the gathering is held anywhere east of the Mississippi, I can say I would almost certainly be there. That is to say, if I can drive it in a day, I will be there. (This excludes family events and such that always intervene.)

If we are going to pick a location that I can't go to anyway, I vote for the Seychelles.

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I originally thought that maybe the middle of the US would be best, but I suppose we need to:

1) find out all who are really interested
2) find out where everyone lives, and start plotting points to get the maximum possible attendance

Better plans, anyone?

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.