Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Valhangri-La

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Valhangri-La
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Valhangri-La

A rogue planetoid in space, Valhangri-La ‘s quiet and peaceful landscape is adorned with monuments of fallen heroes from all over the universe. Some monuments take an abstract form while the statues of the fallen members of the current greatest heroes of the United Planets, the Legion of Message Board Posters are golden statues, traditional to their memorial practices.

Valhangri-La’s name is as ancient as the satellite itself, evolved over aeons from different words to reflect the mythical resting place of warriors and a utopian afterlife.

Wreaths and gifts from many galaxies line the streets and monuments of Valhangri-La. Respectfully concealed security devices protected the interred from scavengers and foes. It is rumored the ghosts of the heroes themselves roam the planet.

A large arch at the entry to the cemetery is inscribed with:

“Valhangri-La. Final Resting Place of Heroes.”

[ November 26, 2012, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
The silence is broken by the sounds of two sets of footsteps, and the heartbeats of two young men come to pay their respects to the fallen.

The glow they use to light their way is intentionally dim; it would just seem disrespectful to overshadow the flames burning in front of their fallen comrades.

"Grife. I can't believe we're here. It just seems so unreal," said one voice.

"I used to feel that way, too. When he died, I... I almost didn't want to be here. I kept thinking, what if it were me?"

"It isn't, and it won't ever be. Nothing like this will ever happen to you!" The voice was firm and tinged with emotions - love, fear, hope and determination.

"I know. I mean, just because this happened to him, doesn't mean it will happen to me. I..." This voice also sounded full of love and hope, but it was mixed with regret. "I wish I had gotten to know him."

"I'm sure he was great. I mean, you are..."

The first voice gave a laugh. "So is Rocky, but..."

"Okay, good point."

"In any case, I just wanted to wish him another farewell before we set off. It just seems fitting."

"I know... say, I wonder if I have my own?"

"I asked. Nobody there matches, but who knows, right? Now come closer... And let me hold you tight on our trip."

and the two pairs of footsteps slowly walked away, leaving valhangri-La silent again, the only movement coming from the licking flames.

The only evidence of a visit was that one flame burned a little brighter than it had before.

The dim glow just barely made the writing on the statue's base visible.

"Invisible Brainiac, Earth-4. The Youngest SMBer."

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reflekto
New Blood

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reflekto           Edit/Delete Post     
Reflecto walked along the quiet paths of Valhangri-La. She wrapped her cape around her, she felt a chill to the grounds of the cemetery. Power Boy had taken her under his wing before he left for Rimbor, explaining the uniforms of the LMBP, and how capes were additional body armor and protection from the elements.

She was looking for her brothers statue when she crossed a newly constructed area. The land was swept clean, the new grass hadn't even settled in yet. There were a lot of new statues on Valhangri-La. So many dead in the Dark Oval War. Nearly Reflecto herself, if Nam'Lor and the others hadn't rescued her. Reflecto blushed at her former arrogance, flying alone to the front lines of an interplanetary war.

A large atomic symbol caught her eye ... the symbol of Atmos!

-

From what she recalled, he wasn't the most well liked person. Not even a member of the LMB, which is why he has his own symbol instead of a golden statue.

Whatever he was, Atmos died like a hero. He fought as hard as anyone against the Dark Oval forces. Reflecto wouldn't forget that.

Reflecto walked past Atmos' grave and saw a partial marble statue. It was the reconstructed body of Nike the warrior woman of the Drinking Buddies. She was only partially assembled from the pieces Power Boy could fuse together. He told her, He hoped when he could reassemble them all, he could find a way to bring her back to life. For now she stood in the pale light of Valhangri-La.

-

"Nike, you look golden in this light."

Reflecto turned and moved toward her brother's statue. It was far older than the newest ones.

-

He had disappeared so long ago, he was presumed dead. The galaxy gave him a statue here out of respect.

She stood for a moment and then waved her legion flight ring, as if for her brother to see. "I made it Stig. You're little sister in the Legion of Message Board Posters. I hope you're proud."

Her voice trembled as she said "I swear I'll make you proud."

She knelt and stayed with her brother's statue for a while and then got up and walked towards one final place she wanted to visit.

-

"Disaster Boy." His statue shown in the light. He looked as if he had a smile on his face. She supposed she had to visit him ... to get over that traumatic moment. When she thought they were all going to die at Titus' hands she was terrified. It seemed so hopeless ... and then Disaster Boy had a plan.

Disaster Boy saved them all, killed Titus the monstrous villain in a solar flare. Titus who had killed, tortured, and enslaved countless over his extremely long life.

But it had been at the cost of Disaster Boy's own life, he took his fate in his hands and made the most of it. Reflecto learned a lot about being a hero from the valiant Drinking Buddies. They died and sacrificed bravely.

Reflecto made a vow, amongst the heroes of old, to honor their memory, to live up to their legacy.

[ November 26, 2012, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Reflekto ]

From: Xanthu | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.