Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The All Outrageous Ideas/Vanishing Posts Thread

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The All Outrageous Ideas/Vanishing Posts Thread
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
If our latest posts are going to disappear in the move, it's a great opportunity to post those ideas you may not want preserved for posterity.

My scent-based time travel machine: inspired by Marcel Proust, whose memories were invoked by the scent of little madeleine cakes.

Recreate the smells of some past time and use them to generate a link to that past time which will transport the time traveler. Exactly how this would work, I leave to the engineers. (There was some novel that used some similar technique, though - put someone in a recreated past environment, and he somehow makes it back to 1890.)

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Censorship Lad, from the planet [REDACTED] has the amazing power to not only make people forget words, concepts and events that [REDACTED], but even to erase all written or mechanical records of said events.

A hero of the people, having used his powers to [REDACTED] and make sure that all knowledge of [REDACTED] was [REDACTED], and, hmm, it seems we really can't tell you about all the great stuff he's done, but trust us, he's the bee's knees!

He died a hero, soon after it was discovered that he retained full knowledge of the information that he'd redacted, of an apparent suicide, shot forty-seven times in the back while tied to a chair with a cinderblock in his lap, just before leaping out a window into the harbor. Authorities called it 'The worst case of suicide I ever saw.'

We'll never know what terrible knowledge his death has saved us from, but we're assured that his death was not in vain, and the rash of dramatic and improbable suicides that have stricken anyone investigating his death only confirm the seriousness of the threat his death protected us from!

Censorship Lad, we shall not see his like again!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[overnight-ships fifty adorable homeless kittens to FC's house. blames Santa Claus]

[uses Photoshop to give Set a makeover so he has hair just like Don King]

[ December 19, 2012, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: cleome46 ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.