Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » So, I really am a dinosaur... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So, I really am a dinosaur...
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
now, even my Mom has a kindle. I had to get Greg's book on the kindle pc thingamabobajig.

I embraced my Luddite future with open arms.

Windows 8 sucks!

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Does it? I saw it on my friend's new PC and it looks unnecessarily complex. But hey...I still have a laptop with Vista. I know all about things that suck. XD
From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I officially call it "Windows. Can't Find Shit!" I am told by my techsavy wife that it is set up to be more like smartphones. I then remind her that I have a smart phone and basically use it for phone calls and pictures. She scoffs at my lack of fascination with all the bells and whistles.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm usually pretty slow to embrace new tech, but... my Kindle = one of the best investments I ever made. I love it completely.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Kindle: a book reader?

or is it more?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
It comes in different sizes. The regular Kindle is primarily an e-book/audiobook reader. The Kindle Fire is a mini-tablet, and has a number of different apps available for it.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I still haven't gotten into this 'cellphone' thing. I had one for awhile, for a job a decade or so ago, and two years later, when I moved on, found it in my desk and it had one message on it, from the service telling me that my service was turned on...

And wristwatches? A fad, I tell you!

Get off my lawn, you kids, and your slick hair and malt soda and sockhops!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Wouldn't want a cellphone - I hate telephones in general. And I'm still clinging to Windows XP. I've heard it takes ages to even find the shut off in Windows 8. It sounds like a nightmare.

But I did get a Kindle, the old 3G version, and like it a lot more than I thought I would. Then I got a Kobo mini to get library books (Kindle doesn't allow Canadian library access).

Then I got a Comixology account. (I blame Ester for that one.)

So I guess I'm just a half-dinosaur.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I've got dial-up internet and bought our first digital tv less than a year ago because the decoder box broke and a new one cost a good portion the price of a new tv. Cable? Lol.

ROOOOAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
95% of my Legion World posting is via cell phone.

100% of my facebook posting is via cell phone.

The only time I really use a desktop computer is when I'm at the office actually "working", really.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

What's a "cell phone?"
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
When I went to have my Mac OS X serviced last summer, it did my heart good to notice how many other cheapskates were doing the same thing.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
I officially call it "Windows. Can't Find Shit!" I am told by my techsavy wife that it is set up to be more like smartphones. I then remind her that I have a smart phone and basically use it for phone calls and pictures. She scoffs at my lack of fascination with all the bells and whistles.

PFFT. That's kind of how it looked when I saw it on my pal's computer.

You're so unintentionally adorable. You're now my Legion World crush, I swear. XD

From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

[Wink]

--------------------

Something pithy!

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Guess what my girlfriend bought me for Christmas? A Kindle.

Now I can read my own book! [Wink]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.