Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Anyone notice Ultimate Nightcrawler's costume in UltXM 37? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anyone notice Ultimate Nightcrawler's costume in UltXM 37?
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Very similar to a certain costume, in its originally-planned colour scheme...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Nope. Not gonna look. I won't do it. You can't make me.

Well...

MAYbe just a peek, next time I hit the shop. But I won't buy it. Nuh-uh.

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Pov, I was ready to drop this book then I heard they will be adding Angel and Dazzler to the line up. 2 of my faves!!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Icey, I dropped the X-books (after following them faithfully since 1980) when they decided-- how do I like to put it?-- That the books were based on the movie, and not the other way around. Truthfully, I'd been enjoying the whole franchise less and less prior to that time, but the period around "New" X-Men 100 was IT for me. Buh-bye. I stopped back once, to see them kill off Colossus-- one of my old favorites, already ruined by prior creative teams. That convinced me I made the right choice-- and nothing I've seen since has given me any reason to second-guess that decision. I read X-Statix and Exiles, that's it-- and Exiles is on the chopping block.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Poverty Lad:
Icey, I dropped the X-books (after following them faithfully since 1980) when they decided-- how do I like to put it?-- That the books were based on the movie, and not the other way around. Truthfully, I'd been enjoying the whole franchise less and less prior to that time, but the period around "New" X-Men 100 was IT for me. Buh-bye. I stopped back once, to see them kill off Colossus-- one of my old favorites, already ruined by prior creative teams. That convinced me I made the right choice-- and nothing I've seen since has given me any reason to second-guess that decision. I read X-Statix and Exiles, that's it-- and Exiles is on the chopping block.

DAMN! I wish I had your disipline. I keep telling myself "don't buy!" But then I get weak and add them to the pile. I stopped reading every issue though around the same time that you dropped the title. My Marvel Zombie habits are too great when it comes to the X-Men. I have dropped many others though. *he says poudly! [Smile] *

And Ultimate Nighty's costume is a modified X-uniform. I don't think the artist or creative team are trying to pay homage to anyone but themselves. [Big Grin]

[ September 14, 2003, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Ultimate X-Men and Exiles are the only X books I currently read. I haven't seen this issue yet though. I can't wait to pick up my books this Wednesday. Its been 3 weeks!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

I read Ultimae X-men,Exiles and X-treme X-Men because Cannonball has joined the team one of my fave mutants and Pov why are you not enjoying Exiles the Avengers/Vampire storyline was very good!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed the Avengers/Vampire storyline too and can't wait to find out what happened. But I do admit the previous storyline, where it crossed over into the 'real' Marvel U was not that great. Too prolonged and just not entertaining to me.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

I agree that the crossover with the Marvel universe was unnecessary!!!! I also miss Blink!! And Mimic and Sasquatch are my faves!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

The last two pages of ULTIMATE X-MEN #37.

[ February 11, 2004, 04:48 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Great shot of the team I wish the regular X-men were this good I just can't handle New X-MEN or Uncanny right now!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

Pov

quote:
Originally posted by Icefyre:
Pov why are you not enjoying Exiles the Avengers/Vampire storyline was very good!!!!

Written by Winick-- they're almost out of his stories. Yes, the vampire Avengers story is great, but if the arc by Austen is a sign of things to come after Judd's last story is printed, the book's gone for me.
icefire
Just like old Times!

I agree Pov Austen doesn't do it for me either is he going to be the new writer?

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
hmmm...okay...but I don't collect Marvel. [Frown]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't bought X-Men regularly since (New) X-Men 30, the wedding of Scott and Jean. I have maybe 5 issues since then (a few with Alan Davis art, and the first Morrison/Quitely and that was more than enough).

Count me in on the "I couldn't stand how they revamped the comics to be just like the movie". The movie was actually very well done, but the movie was the movie and the comic was the comic, and let's leave it at that.

When I started collecting, X-Men used to be my 2nd favorite title (right after Legion). The Dark Pheonix saga was like "Comic Gold"!

[ September 17, 2003, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Omni Craig ]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.