Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » T.H.U.G.S.

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: T.H.U.G.S.
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Dave!

Wanna tell us more about this upcoming series?

-

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dark bamf
?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dark bamf           Edit/Delete Post     
T.H.U.G.S. is an acronym, stands for Tough Huge Ugly GoonS. It's about a repo agency that uses five monsters--Thrasher, Basher, Slasher, Sungili and Bruce--for their repo men. They work for a petite blond named Lucrezia Louise Pillage (and DON'T call her LULU!) of whom they're constantly intimidated. The big problem with these guys is that they'll totally demolish a house in order to repossess a TV set. It drives LuLu crazy. These guys were like her uncles when she was growing up, and she loves them dearly--but they're ruining her business. There's a lot of loud and obnoxious, socially inacceptable fun.

Currently, T.H.U.G.S. is being done by Mojo Pop comics as a free giveaway in certain areas of New Mexico, but I hope to take it to national distribution sometime soon.

Dave

--------------------
Hey! Where the hell is my bamf smiley?

'D'OH!'
--Dave Cockrum, 2003

From: Pine Bush, NY | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Mr. Bottom Center looks alot like Blackmane, Mr. C! [Big Grin]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Wish I lived in New Mexico.

The concept alone is so funny. If the cover is a good indication of the art inside [Big Grin]

These "comic" characters look so real. Cool. Maybe you can get a saturday morning cartoon out of the idea?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dark bamf
?

POV, that's Thrasher, and you're right, he does look a lot like Blackmane. I'm tempted to have him make a remark, sometime, about being related.

And yeah, Blockade Boy, I'd love to get a Saturday morning cartoon going. And a toy line. And video and arcade games. Anbd lunch boxes. Etc. etc.

FYI, the yellow-green guy is Basher. He's kind of loosely the leader of the group.

The blue-skinned one in magenta armor is Slasher. He's the sentimental one. He writes poetry. terrible poetry. And he sends it anonymously to LuLu.

Scungili (I misspelled it in my first post up there) is the squiddy looking guy. His family has been playing squids and octopi in movies for generations. His cousin Louie played Octaman (Scungili thinks he looked like a cheap rubber suit), and Louie's dad played the rubber octopus that Bela Lugosi wrestled in that Ed Wood movie whose title I can never remember. Scungili's grandfather played the giant squid that attacked the Nautilus in Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Bruce is the tree. He's sometimes accused of being an ent. He's also sometimes accused of being a stalk of broccoli, or the tree-monster Tabonga, in the '50s movie From Hell it Came.

Dave

--------------------

'D'OH!'
--Dave Cockrum, 2003

From: Pine Bush, NY | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Have any issues of T.H.U.G.S. already been released?

Has the N. Mexico issue been released?

Is there anyway to get a copy of the N. Mexico issue to somewhere more green, say OHIO! [Wink]

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dark bamf
?

Issue #1 of T.H.U.G.S. is at the printers now. I'll be getting a quantity of the book myself, and I may be able to offer some for sale over the internet.

Dave

--------------------

'D'OH!'
--Dave Cockrum, 2003

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Dibs! I call dibs on one of those! [Smile]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Dibs! I call dibs on one of those! [Smile]

Oh Suuuure! You CALL yourself "Nightcrawler" but did you even THINK to ask how to get a copy, before I practically, GENUFLECTED! NOOoooOOOooo! [Wink]

Me, me, dibs too.

Parasitic Twin
Substitute

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Parasitic Twin           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by dark bamf:
Issue #1 of T.H.U.G.S. is at the printers now. I'll be getting a quantity of the book myself, and I may be able to offer some for sale over the internet.

Dave

Keep us updated, Dave!
From: sprouting from 3rd rib | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
From Rich Johnston's Lying in the Gutters:

quote:
MEXICAN MOJO

New Mexico is the location for a new breed of comic publisher. Look for something called Mojo Pop Comics, featuring the likes of Dave Cockrum, Ron Randall, Kevin J West, Ron Frenz, Joe Rubinstein, and Freddie E Williams II.

Their first release will be Dave Cockrum's "T.H.U.G.S."- Tough Huge Ugly Goons, solely for New Mexico. Created, written and drawn by ex-X-men artist, "THUGS" will see wider distribution later next year as part of a Mojo Pop anthology - creator owned concepts in a shared universe of continuity.

Ron Randall will be working on a Native-American based story with publisher, Carlton J Donaghe. Kevin J West tells the story of a normal young Hispanic girl in extraordinary circumstances. Carlton J Donaghe and Ron Frenz have an American West concept, inked by Joe Rubenstein - who also brought Freddie Williams aboard for colouring and inking duties as well as creating a series of his own.

The book will be published in English and Spanish versions.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Ron Randall will be working on a Native-American based story with publisher, Carlton J Donaghe. Kevin J West tells the story of a normal young Hispanic girl in extraordinary circumstances.

The book will be published in English and Spanish versions.

[/QUOTE]

These ones seem interesting also. I know some kids that might appreciate the ones in Spanish. Lot's of migrant workers settle here (I tutor them in computers).

Dog-boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dog-boy           Edit/Delete Post     
You guys should ask Dave about the OTHER new series he's working on-- the one where he's creating about a hundred new characters for...!

He's kinda the "big daddy" of the Mojo Comics group, but it's that new series of his that really takes the cake.

Imagine-- Dave Cockrum, drawing a series that will not only take us on a cosmic adventure through time and space... but through the deepest recesses of the human heart as well.

T.H.U.G.S. and this "mysterious" new project-- hey man, Dave Cockrum is BACK!

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dark bamf
?

Actually, for the time being, I'm only doing six pages an issue of the 'mysterious' new series [i]The Mysterians[/b]. And by the way, Dog-Boy--one of the other series features a Native American character named Dog Boy.

Dave

--------------------

'D'OH!'
--Dave Cockrum, 2003

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.