Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Legion #26 page 22 - How it should have looked

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Legion #26 page 22 - How it should have looked
Chip Wallace
Stone Boy's pet rock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chip Wallace   Author's Homepage   Email Chip Wallace         Edit/Delete Post     
I got my copies of #26 a couple of weeks ago, and was a little let down when I saw page 22. Don't get me wrong, the art was great, colors superb, but something went wrong.

Many of you may have noticed how thin Superboy looks on this page. Well during the creation of the book, it was suggested that this page be digitally manipulated to "broaden" Superboy.

So the plan was to expand the image horizontally 3%. This achieved the desired affect pretty well. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the page was COMPRESSED horizontally instead, making for an even thinner Superboy.

SO, I present to you now how page 22 should have looked like.

First however, lets recap the image that actually saw print:
 -

And now, what it shgould have looked like
 -

As you can see, this little tweak makes a huge difference in the final product. [Smile]

--------------------
Charles "Chip" Wallace
www.charleswallaceart.com

From: New York | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree! I just wish he was wearing his "Legion" costume...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, that does make quite a difference...
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
hey Chip !!

thanks for showing us the original version !!

i think Conner looks better, a little broader [Wink] !!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought he was channeling the spirit of Lee Moder myself. At least he doesn't have to worry about getting his body fat down. [Smile]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
I thought he was channeling the spirit of Lee Moder myself. At least he doesn't have to worry about getting his body fat down. [Smile]

hey !! you're right about the LEE MODER reference !!

they are pretty similar ....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks better...

...but I STILL can't stand that costume...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chip Wallace
Stone Boy's pet rock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chip Wallace   Author's Homepage   Email Chip Wallace         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
Looks better...

...but I STILL can't stand that costume...

I don't get it, why is everyone so down on the classic Superman duds?

--------------------
Charles "Chip" Wallace

From: New York | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I think it's just a general feeling that Kon-El doesn't deserve/hasn't done anything deserving enough to wear the duds.

Your work with Batista on this book is beautiful, by the way.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Not that with me KP - I just think ALL of Kon's other costumes are better than this one (and considering my... distaste for his TT non-costume that's saying something). Not to mention that it is COMPLETELY out-of-character for Kon himself to don it.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That little bit does make a difference. Thanks for sharing!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The wider version is much better, on Ferro also.

Put me in the doesn't deserve the costume catagory.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
So, Chip...

WHEN this is collected in a Trade [Big Grin] , are you guys going to make sure the corrected page gets printed? [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chip Wallace
Stone Boy's pet rock

quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
So, Chip...

WHEN this is collected in a Trade [Big Grin] , are you guys going to make sure the corrected page gets printed? [Wink]

If it is collected, I'll do my best to see if it can be corrected [Wink] I'm not exactly sure of how the collected process works, so I do not know if we will even be made aware before it see print.

--------------------
Charles "Chip" Wallace

Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by C Wallace:
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
So, Chip...

If it is collected, I'll do my best to see if it can be corrected [Wink] I'm not exactly sure of how the collected process works, so I do not know if we will even be made aware before it see print.
Well, Supergirl: Many Happy Returns had a few corrections - Kara's skirt was fixed to be blue all the time, PG's arm on the wedding page was coloured in her colour scheme, not Aquaman's... (although oddly, Hal remained coloured as Kyle). So presumably there would be at least a chance.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.