Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » The Netzer Checklist

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Netzer Checklist
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
Here’s what I have handy:

S/LSH # 222 / Dec’76 – Death of A Legend // Shooter / Nasser / Layton

S/LSH # 225 / Mar’77 – A Matter Of Priorities // Levitz / Nasser / Wiacek
S/LSH # 226 / Apr’77 – Five Against One // Levitz / Nasser / Abel

S/LSH # 230 / Aug’77 – The Day Bouncing Boy Bounced Back // Levitz / Nasser / Abel 6pp
S/LSH # 231 / Sep’77 – 3 Hours To Holocaust // Levitz / Nasser / Abel 18pp

S/LSH #233 / Nov’77 – The Final Illusion // Levitz / Nasser / Layton 10pp

S/LSH # 236 / Feb’78 – Mon-El’s One-Man War! // Levitz / Nasser / Rubinstein & Bryant 8pp

BATMAN SPECTACULAR # 1 / Sum’78 – Hang The Batman // Reed / Nasser / Rubinstein 30pp

All the LSH stories were back-up, except for #231, which was the 2nd half of a book-length story, “A Day In The Death of A World”, where Jim Sherman & Jack Abel did the 1st half.
The BATMAN story was the first of 3 (the others done by Michael Golden & Marshall Rogers). Nasser’s featured the only appearance of a really wild design of the Batmobile, with a single seat in the center and a long curved dashboard surrounding it.
I may have seen more of his work since, but can’t place any offhand. I do know I read in the 80’s that he moved overseas and was doing a book called POWERMAN about a Middle-Eastern superhero (if I got that right).

[ March 27, 2004, 05:51 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
Nasser also did ONE issue of STAR TREK for Marvel. (I don’t have these indexed yet, though.) Some time later, I ran across a comment that Jim Shooter did not consider his art “good enough” for Marvel. (Nice guy!)
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! Thanks, prof!

If you don't mind, I'm going to make this your thread, since you did all the work!

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Netzer
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Netzer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Netzer         Edit/Delete Post     
There's a comprehensive checklist at my Wikipedia biography.

AND for the record. I've never heard about Jim Shooter saying my work wasn't good enough for Marvel. Just the opposite, I produced many covers and a very nice Spider-Man/Nightcrawler story at Marvel after that Star Trek book, all while Jim was chief editor. I also penciled a War Dancer issue for him at Defiant. I don't believe the comment actually came from him.

And one more thing appropriate here is a new Legion commission I recently produced:

http://michaelnetzer.com/mnop/?p=1343

Nice to visit here again.

[ March 24, 2010, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: Michael Netzer ]

--------------------
Michael Netzer Online Portal

From: Israel | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! Beautiful commission, Michael! So full of joy and vitality!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Netzer
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Netzer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Netzer         Edit/Delete Post     
Many thanks, lil'rhino. It was a very special piece that brought back good memories.

--------------------

From: Israel | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Great commission! Very dynamic--so great to see an artist depict people flying in an exciting way that doesn't involve a battle.

Welcome back Michael!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Netzer
Advisor

It was inspired by the way birds fly merrily in flocks, CK. Thanks you kindly, sir!

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Seriously, it sounds redundant now, but great piece of art.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
fan comission Mike recently posted on his sight!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

-
commission posted on FB

lil'rhino

-
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
He's gonna be at Detroit Fanfare this year...a new local convention. Cool.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.