Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Been a bit rough, but I am back in action!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Been a bit rough, but I am back in action!
Chip Wallace
Stone Boy's pet rock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chip Wallace   Author's Homepage   Email Chip Wallace         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I have been out of the loop for quite some time. Months ago we started packing up the house and my studio for our move to SC. While packing I got an offer from Marvel to fill in on an issue of Iron Man that Tony Harris was drawing. So I spent about a week straight inking 12 pages of IM, that backed up our moving schedule. We finished packing and loaded up every last inch of our 24 foot truck while getting almost no sleep at all, then drove 800 miles from NY to SC.

Man, getting settled into a new house takes a LOT longer than I thought, been here about 2 months now, and we are still trying to unpack and figure it all out. And other events didnt help much either.

We have a new home here, a brand new construction, and all of the appliances were delivered except our fridge. Due to the stainless steel shortages, or SS fridge was delayed about 10 weeks and finally arrived last tuesday. Having ice onhand is taken for granted, trust me on that one....when this fridge finally made it into our kitchen, I knelt and worshipped before its ice making glory.

Sadly, the worst thing that has happened was the passing of our beloved family pet, my dog Thor. He would have been 13 years old this November 22nd. However, about two weeks after our move I felt lumps on his throat and brought him to the vet where he was diagnosed with Lymphosarcoma.

The cancer was rather aggressive and overtook him rapidly. It was on September 9th that I made the decision to bring him into the vet to do what neede to be done. I sat with him waiting for my wife to get home so we could take him together, but he took a sharp turn for the worse and just could not hold on. At about 5:20 pm while I cradled him in my arms, and stroked his head, he quietly passed away.

It has been a tremendous loss to us here, especially for me. Being a freelance artist, that works out of my home, Thor was there with me everyday, my copilot for the past 13 years...keeping me company while I sat at my table working away, even through the all nighters. No matter what was going on, he just loved to be near you and hang out. The unconditional love, admiration, and loyalty he bestowed upon us will be missed always.

Thor
 -

--------------------
Charles "Chip" Wallace
www.charleswallaceart.com

From: New York | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry about Thor. It's sad he looks just look my dog Zeus who is a german shepherd/rott mix.

I've been moved into my house since last December and still have moving boxes here and there hidden with stuff.

Good luck bud and sorry about Thor.

Jorge

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome back.

I'm continually amazed at the incredible range of people that read the Legion.

Moving into a newly built home is always far more hassle than you expect. Good luck and everything.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Chip, I'm sorry about Thor. Having had many pets over the years, I can still remember losing each one. It's a tough loss to deal with.

I did see and enjoy your Iron Man inks. Let us know what your next project is.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chip Wallace
Stone Boy's pet rock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chip Wallace   Author's Homepage   Email Chip Wallace         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Cyborg:
Sorry about Thor. It's sad he looks just look my dog Zeus who is a german shepherd/rott mix.
Jorge

Yup, Thor was a Shepherd/Rotty mix too, a great combination!

--------------------
Charles "Chip" Wallace

From: New York | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chip Wallace
Stone Boy's pet rock

quote:
Originally posted by Nightchangeling:
Chip, I'm sorry about Thor. Having had many pets over the years, I can still remember losing each one. It's a tough loss to deal with.

I did see and enjoy your Iron Man inks. Let us know what your next project is.

Thnaks for the kind words. [Smile]

As for the IM work, I haven't even seen the issue yet as Marvel never sent me any comps, and their aren't even any comic book shops down here...I mean NOTHING. [Frown]

I'll have to order a few copies online

--------------------
Charles "Chip" Wallace

thor2168
Cute-Baby-Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thor2168   Email thor2168         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Chip, so sorry to hear about your friend Thor. My girls, Daisy and Della, are part of my family, and it must be a huge emotional loss. Good luck, and with the house too.

--------------------
I just can't BLOK it out!

From: The land of toys and stinky diapers!!! | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Chip: good to hear from you again.

So sorry to hear about Thor; my heart goes out to you. I know my life would not be the same without Leroy, my fat lazy kitty friend of 17 years.

Hope you are feeling settled soon. SC must be quite the culture shock after NY? Drop me a line some time.

Ronda

[ September 29, 2004, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: mechana ]

From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
i'm sorry to hear about Thor , man
that's real sad ... pets are great and their loss is huge

good luck with it all

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Chip. Welcome to SC and i am sorry about your dog. Have a few myself and dread their passing.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry to hear you lost Thor Chip. Caroline and I just lost the last of our older generation of cats this week. Beuregard, who had turned 18 on the 21st. It is hard but hopefully you can move on and cherish the memories you have.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Chip!
Wow, your story about losing Thor really got to me! I'm so sorry! My beagle/bassett is getting kinda old. I'm dreading his passing.

I see your posts at Digital Webbing now and then. Glad to see you here. I'm sure you realize that once a Legion creator, always a Legion creator to us!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.