Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Jim Sherman. (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Jim Sherman.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Me either, Jerry.

Question: I do NOT recognize the Sherman/Abel Santa & Soldiers' pic... is that from a story I have missed...?!?!?!?!

I think it is incredible that Sherman's art even retains much of it's Sherman 'zing' under the heavyhanded inking of Abel, who tended to... well, alter ALL of any artists' pencils that he inked into a distinctly Abel look. Not even he could entirely eradicate Sherman's style.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Also telling: 14 issues he worked on (not couting the tabloid's SECRETS section)?

Like Cockrum, he made a huge impression in a fairly short run.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
The santa & soldiers pic is the Legion vs the Toyman from the 1978 DC calendar.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:

I think it is incredible that Sherman's art even retains much of it's Sherman 'zing' under the heavyhanded inking of Abel, who tended to... well, alter ALL of any artists' pencils that he inked into a distinctly Abel look. Not even he could entirely eradicate Sherman's style.

I agree. Bob Mcleod was the best inker for him.
Their work together looks nearly three dimensional!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

-
lil'rhino

-
lil'rhino

-
lil'rhino

-
lil'rhino

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ July 18, 2010, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: lil'rhino ]

lil'rhino

S/LSH # 236 p3

[ August 01, 2010, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: lil'rhino ]

lil'rhino

S/LSH # 236

[ August 01, 2010, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: lil'rhino ]

lil'rhino

Superboy/Legion # 242 p8

[ August 01, 2010, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: lil'rhino ]

lil'rhino

I love the extreme close-up on Element Lad's eyes in the image above.
Astonishing detail!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I've always had a thing for super-heroes captured in tubes. See also: the Giant-Size AVENGERS issue where Kang has Mantis, Scarlet Witch and Agatha Harkness in tubes, and the original JLoA vs. Libra tale where he captures in entire JLA in individual tubes.

Sherman does great heroes-in-tubes!

--------------------

lil'rhino

-
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.