Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Jim Sherman. (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Jim Sherman.
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
hooorayyyyyyyyyy! heres to see those Stocky male legionnaires!! he draws the hottest Ultra Boy, Star Boy, Karate Kid, and Tyroc ever !!!!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chameleon Boy
World Changer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chameleon Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Chameleon Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
 -

I remember this was his first issue on the Legion and I thought "No Mike Grell... I'm done.." then I leafed through the issue and was an instant fan from then on!

--------------------
---Changing my Personal Circle with Courage and Love---

From: RWC, CA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chameleon Boy
World Changer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chameleon Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Chameleon Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Yea, I read that great news too. I hope he gets any of the two Bob's or Joe to ink him like old times. Those were the fav inkers for me on his work, besides his own inks!

Bob McLeod,
Bob Wiacek
Joe Rubinstein

--------------------
---Changing my Personal Circle with Courage and Love---

From: RWC, CA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:

I think it is incredible that Sherman's art even retains much of it's Sherman 'zing' under the heavyhanded inking of Abel, who tended to... well, alter ALL of any artists' pencils that he inked into a distinctly Abel look. Not even he could entirely eradicate Sherman's style.

I agree. Bob Mcleod was the best inker for him.
Their work together looks nearly three dimensional!

My feelings exactly. I don't remember Abel's inks looking this good on Sherman's work. Sherman and McLeod were special.

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.