Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Imagine the Legion as rendered by these artists (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Imagine the Legion as rendered by these artists
RED-001
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED-001   Email RED-001         Edit/Delete Post     
Aside from the artists listed on the front page, how would you imagine the Legion rendered by the artists I've listed below. Some you may be familiar with,while some you may not!

THE ARTISTS:
Neal Adams
Jack Kirby
Carmine Infantino
Nick Cardy
Steve Ditko
Dick Dillin
Mike Sekowsky
Jim Steranko
Brian Bolland
Irwin Hassen
"Jazzy" John Romita
Berni Wrightson
Herb Trimpe
Martin Nodell
Murphy Anderson
Bruno Permiani
Gil Kane
Alex Toth
Antonio Prohias
Will Eisner

That's the list,maybe the names would ring some bells! Bye! [Smile]

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I've definitely seen the Legion depicted by these from the list...
Neal Adams (covers in the early 70's or late 60's)

Carmine Infantino (that digest and a backup story)

Nick Cardy (covers in the early 70's)

Steve Ditko (fill-ins before Giffen came along)

Dick Dillin (in the JLA/JSA/Legion crossover)

Brian Bolland (at least one DC Comics Presents cover)

Murphy Anderson (he inked a Dave Cockrum story and one of the issues from Earthwar)

I may be mistaken, but I don't think any of the others have drawn them.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
IIRC Nick Cardy drew the story featuring featuring the Tornado Twins...and the same issue had a cover by Neal Adams. (two at once - sweet)

The closest I ever saw to Kirby art on the LSH was the Amalgam Spiderboy comic. Not bad either, an interesting look at might-have-beens.

All that Curt Swan artwork and no Murphy Anderson? Really? I though the two were inseperable as a team for years.

No Mike Sekowsky pics surprises me too. He was a hot property on the first incarnation of the JLA and that was roughly concurrent with the Legion's formative Adventure years...waitaminnit, didn't he have a part in the first Dr. Mantis Morlo story?

Jim Steranko
Brian Bolland
Berni Wrightson
Alex Toth
Will Eisner
*drool*
Not any artwork out there of the Legion by these guys that I know of but I just know it'd be exceptional if there was.

-if you know where to find some link it up!- [Big Grin]

JRjr would be cool I guess but I'm not sure it would be anything to shout about from the rooftops.

...and there are a couple of guys there I don't know anything about.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Neal Adams drew several latter-day ADVENTURE covers. Good stuff it was too! But Yellow, the Tornado Twins tale is drawn by none other than the groovy super-faboo WIN MORTIMER, whose Legion work is grossly underappreciated.

I'd love to see the following take a stab at a Legion tale:

MIKE ALLRED

DARWYN COOKE

JAE LEE

BILL SCIENZWICZ (sic)

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Really? I had the distinct impression that it was Nick Cardy on the art chores for that one. I guess 'ol Morty really outdid himself to tell the story of Barry Allen's descendants.

Great list too, Lash. I'd love to see a SCIENZWICZ (sic) pic of the Legion in his New Mutants/Warlock style of illustrating.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Jae Lee's style would fit a Shadow lass story really well. I also think Marc Silvestri (sp?) would be an awesome guest artist
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Back when Image was all the rage, I kinda wished the Legion could have had an artistic treatment like that. In fact, IIRC, at that time, The Legion on the Run was happening. I kept imagining the new costumes and attitudes all Image-y. Probably not a popular opinion, but I liked all the splashy art. Not that I purchased much of it...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
IVAN REIS!!

I hope that once he's done on Blackest Night, his next project is Levitz's return to the Legion. I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope!

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
That would be too sweet. Can't imagine it happening though, not for an extended stay. He's too big.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought about getting a sketch of Kid Psycho done by Allred, but I couldn't get one anyway.

What do you guys think of Amanda Conner drawing a story about Night Girl and the Subs?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd settle for Reis doing an annual.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Amanda Conner doing a Night Girl and the Subs story would be delightful.

--------------------

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh and hey, what about Adam Warren? You think his style might work for a version of the Legion?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Steve Epting, but he's Marvel-exclusive ATM and probably not interested anyway. He does want a second shot at Superman, though*, so if that happens he could end up drawing the Legion at least as guest stars.

* In the late 90s, he was fired from Superman after just a few issues, due to editorial and creative reshuffling.

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm so old school. I'd love to see either Romita (Sr. or Jr.) drawing the Legion. Let's get Tom Palmer to ink, so long as I'm dreaming out loud.

[Dream Girl - Animated]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.