Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Imagine the Legion as rendered by these artists (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Imagine the Legion as rendered by these artists
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and I'd totally read a Legion story if Joan Hilty wrote it and drew it. I remember her comedic super-heroines from her days on Kitchen Sink's Gay Comics.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like to see a Jaime Hernandez LSH story.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[PhantomGirl - Animated]

With all due respect to the late Mr. Cockrum, I think Jaime's Phantom Girl was the cutest version ever. She really does need to be in an actual story.

[Phantom Girl] [Apparition]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lethargy Lad
Auxiliary Substitute Trainee Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lethargy Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Lethargy Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
Let's get Tom Palmer to ink, so long as I'm dreaming out loud.

YEAH! I can just see it... The Kree-Khund War by Roy Thomas, Paul Levitz, Adams & Palmer. It makes my heart ache just thinking about it.
From: La-Z-Boy in Parlor | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janarrah1
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janarrah1   Email Janarrah1         Edit/Delete Post     
I always wanted to see a Kirby Legion story!
From: Stamford, CT | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by RED-001:
Aside from the artists listed on the front page, how would you imagine the Legion rendered by the artists I've listed below. Some you may be familiar with,while some you may not!

THE ARTISTS:
Neal Adams
Jack Kirby
Carmine Infantino
Nick Cardy
Steve Ditko
Dick Dillin
Mike Sekowsky
Jim Steranko
Brian Bolland
Irwin Hassen
"Jazzy" John Romita
Berni Wrightson
Herb Trimpe
Martin Nodell
Murphy Anderson
Bruno Permiani
Gil Kane
Alex Toth
Antonio Prohias
Will Eisner

That's the list,maybe the names would ring some bells! Bye! [Smile]

Great list, the only one I never heard of is, Antonio Prohias?

Here's my 20

Art Adams
Brent Anderson
Jim Balent
Frank Brunner
Mike Deodato
Pat Gleason
Michael Golden
Paul Gulacy
Scott Kolins
Bob McLeod
Don Newton
Kevin Nowlan
Carlos Pacheco
Steve Rude
Paul Smith
Dave Stevens
Ty Templeton
Ethan Van Sciver
Al Williamson
Wally Wood

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
On a serious note I'd love to see a Legion story drawn by Walt Simonson.

On a not-so-serious note wouldn't it be a great to see the Legion as they would look if the Archie comics artist drew them?
Has this been done already? If so, I'd love to see it!

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Whilst it would be great to see Walt grace the Legion again you do realise he has already contributed to three issues over the years?

He drew #237 of Superboy and the Legion (even though you would hardly know it was him thanks to Jack Abels inks, he also drew the Fires of Creation story in Legion #100 and was one of the many pencillers in Legion #94.

But yes more Simonson on the Legion would be great just not very likely at present as he is supposedly stil working on his original graphic novel for Wildstorm and has apparently promised to not take on too much extra work until it is finished.

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah yes .... I had forgotten that post Garth and Imra wedding issue that Simonson penciled. You are correct, Jack Abel's inks did overpower him a bit).
I do not remember his works on both Legion #100 or Legion #94. Have to go back and check those two out. Thanks!

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Neal Adams drew several latter-day ADVENTURE covers. Good stuff it was too! But Yellow, the Tornado Twins tale is drawn by none other than the groovy super-faboo WIN MORTIMER, whose Legion work is grossly underappreciated.

I'd love to see the following take a stab at a Legion tale:

MIKE ALLRED

DARWYN COOKE

JAE LEE

BILL SCIENZWICZ (sic)

My love for Mortimer goes way back!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not that close in feeling to any of the artists mentioned, although Brian Bolland, Art and Neal Adams, Jim Steranko and Kevin Nolan would certainly have wonderful and interesting versions.
I'd especially love Bolland and Nolan to give the Legion a try.
And one or both of the Adams do a Shady/NG story.

I'd kind of love to see the Legionnaires drawn by Eric Shanower (sp?).
I love his Oz stories.

I put him with Terry Pratchett as writer and put the magical/nexus Legionnaires on Disc world, with Eric as pencilor and Kevin Nolan as inker.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.