Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » The Origin of ... (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Origin of ...
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
"Star Worms and Mind Monsters" Oh my!

Thanks for the name origins, Steve. I'm always fascinated by how certain creations get their names. Good call on the vetos!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadian Legion fanboys!

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle
15 minutes and counting ...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm curious about something.

When a topic becomes large ,,, say 8 pages or more ... does it seem too imposing for readers? Does it just seem like too much to take in? or, like me, do a large number of people routinely check the last page of a favorite thread to see if anything new has been added?

I'd really like to know, as I'm relatively new to these message boards.

Thanks,

Steve

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
8 pages is not particularly long for this board, I'm afraid, as conversations tend to meander.
Which is a good thing, in my view.

I always check the last page or two, of a thread I've been following.
If I start reading a thread I've come to late, I usually just read the whole thing, but not always.

If you'd prefer to start new threads along the same lines, you can, of course.

Redundancy of comments can be harder to deal with though, since what's already been said on the topic gets lost.

However, if we get bogged down in something, a new thread can help freshen things up.

Ahhh, for simple 'black and white' answers.
sigh

Shady

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
What Shady said goes for me too.

------------------

We'll be safe for now--thank goodness we're in a bowling alley

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
No comprehensive exams on this board. I usually just read the first page and the last few.

Sometimes I'll read the middle to find a really good post that I can cut and paste to see if anyone notices (kidding )

Whadaya mean these boards meander? [Smile]

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
draub
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for draub   Email draub         Edit/Delete Post     
200 [Wink]
Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
draub
Applicant

200 [Wink]
draub
Applicant

My turn for 200... [Smile]
draub
Applicant

Especially when 200 bumps it to 9. [Wink]
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Steve, do us a favor and try and sneak either the Skreaks or Tiger Girl into the background of your Keith Champagne issue.

Thanks.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
Nightcrawler, I think it would be great to sneak the Skreaks into the 31st century.

You know, I once drew them in an issue of Quasar. That was one of many signs I put in, just to show the Legion fans that I remembered.

Will the next Legion script give me the chance? I'm not sure ... but I'll be looking for an opportunity. : )

Steve

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Me, I'm just posting in order to get rid of that darn "New Member" tag [Wink]

Actually, I wanted to through out a few suggestions for codenames for "that tiger girl"

Lea (as in Leo)
Gata (or Gatah, if you want to hide the spanish root some)

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
How about Leolah?

Shady

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jafabian
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post     
How about Newmarr? As homage to Julie?????

Steve, at least throw Quislet's ship in the background somewhere in your upcoming issue. It'd be easy to do. And maybe someone like Radiation Roy from the LSV. Have him slumming around the LSH headquarters.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle

Funny that you should mention Julie Newmar ... If you want to see the only drawing I've ever done of Ms. Newmar, go to ...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ArtPost/

You don't have to join the group to see the drawing. BTW, it also features a certain Boy Wonder and a girl named Harley.

Steve

See my art on the Gauntlet of Doom game ... http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/play/action/batman_gauntletofdoom/index.html

Or you can check out my interactive online Batman adventure ... http://www.onstaradventure.com/ba_comic.htm

Subscribe to ArtPost - send an E-mail addressed to: ArtPost-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.