Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » The Origin of ... (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Origin of ...
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by bizarro brainiac zero:
Would have been great if Kara could have stayed with the Legion. Hey it could been a reformed Satan Girl!

Hmm... what if it was the "Satan Girl" aspect of her that survived? She was never really evil, per se, she was just trying to find a way to continue to exist.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
She did survived! (In Supergirl!!) A really cool one! I am hoping that we may see her again sometimes later in Supergirl...
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
DC did use a blonde woman named Kara in a Christmas special post-Crisis. She could see Deadman, which amazed him since he had been alone so long in the afterlife. At the end of the story Kara makes reference to the fact that "...some of us still remember..." while looking at the reader (IIRC).

It was a nice "silent tribute" to Supergirl. If I was at home right now, I'd dig out the issue number for those who'd want to track it down. If there's interest, I can find it this weekend.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Latino Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Latino Lad   Email Latino Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I remember that issue. I think it was Christmas with the Superheroes 1 or 2.
From: Arizona, Planet Earth, United Planets | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terence
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Latino Lad:
I remember that issue. I think it was Christmas with the Superheroes 1 or 2.

Nice story.
Pity Mark Waid lost his job for it.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Terence:
Nice story.
Pity Mark Waid lost his job for it.

???????????

I don't think I've heard that before. Care to elaborate?

------------------
Scott S.
http://www.lightningladslegion.com/

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Steve, a quick question-- was your design for Mentalla a nod to Saturn Girl's original look, way back in Adventure 247? An off-hand comment in the LMBP Y-group got me wondering...

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Steve, another question, but unrelated to above. This one is based on a teensy deduction and a leap of wondering.

Are you pencilling or about to start pencilling a fill-in issue of Legion? Or even discussing storylines with DNA and/or McAvennie?

I'm asking because current speculation is that if there's fill-in issues before Coipel's replacement takes over, they'll probably start with # 16, which because of usual production schedules, can be deduced as having to be drawn right around now.

Are you already in the pipeline?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle
15 minutes and counting ...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
I've heard that there is a Legion team in place already. Still, when I made my availability and interest known, Mr. McAvennie did contact me about doing a single story or story arc ... but I haven't gotten word on a script yet. I'd gladly brainstorm with the current writers, as I did with Paul Levitz back in the day, but I'd have to know that my input was welcome. I certainly don't want to appear to disrespect the current writers in any way. Paul made it clear, when I started my run on the Legion, that he enjoyed trading ideas with his collaborators and welcomed my input.
As for the idea that my fill-in might be a rush job ... I certainly hope not. You see, when I was asked to take over the "Baxter" Legion, that book was about three months behind schedule, and digging out of a hole like that wasn't fun.

Steve

Reep
Resigned

Thanks for the info, Steve.

But to be clear, is it your understanding that a fill-in penciller/art team has been selected or that a regular penciller has been selected. Or, I guess, even both.

And by "in place" do you mean already in current production of drawn pages?

Look forward to your issue whenever they appear. (BTW, what Legionnaires are you really looking forward to drawing?)

SteveLightle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
He Who Wanders said:
"By the way, you won't remember me, but you signed some LSH issues for me at the KC con back in March or so. I just wanted to say thanks again and for taking the time to chat and show me samples from the Legion "cartoon" that somebody was making."

As a matter of fact, I do recall talking with you at the convention. Thanks for hanging out and shooting the breeze.

Steve

Reep
Resigned

quote:
Originally posted by Reep:
Thanks for the info, Steve.

But to be clear, is it your understanding that a fill-in penciller/art team has been selected or that a regular penciller has been selected. Or, I guess, even both.

And by "in place" do you mean already in current production of drawn pages?

Look forward to your issue whenever they appear. (BTW, what Legionnaires are you really looking forward to drawing?)

I'm reposting the follow-up Q's, Steve, in case you missed it at the bottom of the first page.
SteveLightle

Shaggydoo said:
"I always believed you are one of the best dc artist and it would be great it you did more interior art.

Also what happened on your stint with DOOM PATROL ? Again it was tremendous art and then you were replaced , why ?"

Thank you very much for the kind words.

You know, when I started out in comics, I really was a kid in a candy store. I wasn't the least bit competitive with, or envious of, other artists. I was just happy to be contributing to an artform that I'd loved all my life. What motivated me was the challenge of bettering my own skills and doing the best work that I could do.

Unfortunately, on the Doom Patrol, I was convinced that I was not going to be able to continue to do my best work. I was fortunate on DP to be working with an inker of my own choosing, the very talented Gary Martin. I also got to work with one of my favorite people in the comic industry, a man who loves the Doom Patrol as much as I do, Paul Kupperberg. Beyond that, I really don't want to say. For the record though, I asked to be taken off of the title, citing irreconcilable creative differences.

Under other circumstances I'm convinced that Paul, Gary and myself could have created a Doom Patrol that could stand proudly with the work of Drake and Premiani.

I'm really glad that the Doom Patrol issues that we did produce together seem to be fondly remembered.

Steve Lightle

SteveLightle

Reep asked:
"But to be clear, is it your understanding that a fill-in penciller/art team has been selected or that a regular penciller has been selected. Or, I guess, even both."

My understanding is that a team is in place, presumably as series regulars. Perhaps the writers are the same, just teaming up with a new art team. I really don't know.

I'm looking forward to drawing today's Legionnaires. Each character presents intriguing challenges, and I enjoy the challenge of finding the essense of each character. And no, I've not settled on a favorite yet. Still, I'm sure I'll discover favorites as soon as the work begins.

Steve

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Steve, it's great to hear that McAvennie is going to let you draw some Legion again! I certainly hope this doesn't fall through as I've heard has happened before [shut up, Lardy--don't jinx it!]

Apparently, he's giving the fans a measure of what we want. Good for him! Now, we just need to get you as the regular artist....

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.