Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » The Origin of ... (Page 24)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Origin of ...
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
The long and BUMPy road...

------------------
"Now there are moments in life in which we are allowed to be paranoid, and this was one of them. All we had done was to try and find the home of the President of America, and now here we were, caught up in the middle of a tornado!

I think I'm entitled to ask: exactly how powerful are the FBI?"

Dave Gorman, Are YOU Dave Gorman?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Understood
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post     
My favorite dance from the 1970's?

The BUMP!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Oops! Pardon me. I didn't mean to BUMP into you. [Wink]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
What I'd like to know is if Steve were doing some sort of regular creative work with the Legion, would he work with DnA to populate the new Legion World?

Does he have any ideas for new Legionnaires?
Not just reboots of Tellus or Quislet, although I wouldn't mind that happening, but does he have any new worlds, and/or characters, for us to get to know.

Have you presented any ideas to DnA, Steve?
I know it's hard to share here, because someone might steal your ideas or something, but I'm still curious as to what you might creat now, in the new millenium.
What 'look' should the current Legion have?

Shady

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Steve?

Are you out there?
I hope all is well. Looking forward to you're upcoming issues.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Bamf!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
damph

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle
15 minutes and counting ...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
Shadowplay In Candlelight asks:
<< What I'd like to know is if Steve were doing some sort of regular creative work with the Legion, would he work with DnA to populate the new Legion World? >>

The answer would most certainly be yes. My next issue of Legion will not be written by DnA, but having worked from their script on the Umbra issue I can enthusiastically say that I'd enjoy working with them on another. of course, I'm a bit keen on this new Keith Champagn script, at the moment.

<< Does (Steve) have any ideas for new Legionnaires?
Not just reboots of Tellus or Quislet, although I wouldn't mind that happening, but does he have any new worlds, and/or characters, for us to get to know. >>

It's always been my way to contribute as much as possible, whether I'm working with Paul Levitz, Anne Nocenti, Roy Thomas ... whomever. Even though the Umbra story ("After Dark") was presented to me in "full script" form, I was able to find ways to contribute a few creative elements.

<< Have you presented any ideas to DnA, Steve? >>

Not directly. My contact has been through my editor.

<< I know it's hard to share here, because someone might steal your ideas or something, but I'm still curious as to what you might creat now, in the new millenium. >>

You might just have to wait until Legion #24 to see an example.

<< What 'look' should the current Legion have? >>

Well, Shady, I've always favoured individuality over uniformity. I like costumes that say something about the style and personality of the wearer.

In a way, the Legion of Super-Heroes has always benifitted from having a great many creative people contributing to it. Twenty years ago you might see costumes from several different Legion eras side by side. The looks of each individual were unique as a result ... it added to their individuality.

Things are slowly coming back around to that now, with designs by Moy, Sprouse, Coipel, and even ...

: )

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle
15 minutes and counting ...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
Shadowplay In Candlelight asks:
<< What I'd like to know is if Steve were doing some sort of regular creative work with the Legion, would he work with DnA to populate the new Legion World? >>

The answer would most certainly be yes. My next issue of Legion will not be written by DnA, but having worked from their script on the Umbra issue I can enthusiastically say that I'd enjoy working with them on another. of course, I'm a bit keen on this new Keith Champagn script, at the moment.

<< Does (Steve) have any ideas for new Legionnaires?
Not just reboots of Tellus or Quislet, although I wouldn't mind that happening, but does he have any new worlds, and/or characters, for us to get to know. >>

It's always been my way to contribute as much as possible, whether I'm working with Paul Levitz, Anne Nocenti, Roy Thomas ... whomever. Even though the Umbra story ("After Dark") was presented to me in "full script" form, I was able to find ways to contribute a few creative elements.

<< Have you presented any ideas to DnA, Steve? >>

Not directly. My contact has been through my editor.

<< I know it's hard to share here, because someone might steal your ideas or something, but I'm still curious as to what you might creat now, in the new millenium. >>

You might just have to wait until Legion #24 to see an example.

<< What 'look' should the current Legion have? >>

Well, Shady, I've always favoured individuality over uniformity. I like costumes that say something about the style and personality of the wearer.

In a way, the Legion of Super-Heroes has always benifitted from having a great many creative people contributing to it. Twenty years ago you might see costumes from several different Legion eras side by side. The looks of each individual were unique as a result ... it added to their individuality.

Things are slowly coming back around to that now, with designs by Moy, Sprouse, Coipel, and even ...

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Lightle:

...Well, Shady, I've always favoured individuality over uniformity. I like costumes that say something about the style and personality of the wearer.

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

I know that you've always added wonderful elements to any story that you've illustrated and I can hardly wait until #24 comes out.
I expect there will be a number of gems for us to find.
[Smile]

I like indiviuality, too.
But I've also liked the last years where the costumes were individualized within set parameters, like an inner panel, 'nehru' collars and utility belts.

Those really aren't very much of a constraint and it was fun seeing what kind of individuality could be reached within a more unified team setting.

I think, as the Legionnaires become more adult and the team looses more of it's UP 'only' focus, that more individualized costumes will, or should, naturally come about.

Val's on the cover of the Dream story, and Nura's from slightly earlier, are interesting and very dynamic examples, I think.

I can hardly wait to see what you've done with Umbra!

Shady

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
LIVE! [Soljer] LIVE!

This topic is from the original DCMBs. It was the thread that I wanted to ressurect when I first set up this message board 2 years ago. I finally took the time and effort to bring it here.

Hopefully, this will answer many of the questions that get brought up here from time to time.

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! I can't wait to re-read the thread!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
*Sigh*! The good ol' days...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
This is cool, Nighty! Can't wait to get some time and read through this!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Steve,

I noticed that for your design of the now-defunct Mentalla character, the colours of the costume reminded me of Saturn Girl's early look in ADVENTURE.

And her powers were very similar to Imra's too.

What are your thoughts on this?

BrianT (Adelaide, Australia)

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.