Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » The Origin of ... (Page 25)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Origin of ...
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Very cool!
Thank you NC, I've never seen this thread before. I read the first page and it floored me. I'm with POVikins, I really despise Jeanette Khan's editorial decisions and hope she at last understands that she may be the most hated person ever to work at DC.
I'm saddened that Kara was refused her opportunity to be resurrected in the Legion at a time when we all missed her so much. At least Superboy got a grand LSH send off but the closest Kara ever got was that story about how much Brainy missed her.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
LIVE! [Soljer] LIVE!

This topic is from the original DCMBs. It was the thread that I wanted to ressurect when I first set up this message board 2 years ago. I finally took the time and effort to bring it here.

Hopefully, this will answer many of the questions that get brought up here from time to time.

Hi Gary,

If ever u want to chat about things, send me a note, you sound really cool

Brian (aka LegionAdventureMan)

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Gary is the grooviest!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
Hi Steve,

I noticed that for your design of the now-defunct Mentalla character, the colours of the costume reminded me of Saturn Girl's early look in ADVENTURE.

And her powers were very similar to Imra's too.

What are your thoughts on this?

BrianT (Adelaide, Australia)

Here's Steve's answer earlier in this topic.

And thanks for the kind words Brian. I've usually got several projects going at once but, I do try to stop to chat with the LW gang on Wednesdays around 8:30AM your time (Tuesdays @ 4:00PM my time).

[ June 27, 2005, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Read the first 8 pages of this thread last night! [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
quote:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
Hi Steve,

I noticed that for your design of the now-defunct Mentalla character, the colours of the costume reminded me of Saturn Girl's early look in ADVENTURE.

To: Nightcrawler

Thanks for including the bits of transcript from that earlier post, dude.

The Nemesis Kid-Mentalla connection totally floored me...but there were differences i guess: NK was a spy for the Khund fleet, while Mentalla was only pretending to support The Emerald Empress's vendetta against the Legion.

She had courage, she had spunk - only thing she didnt have: a decent dye job to disguise her dumb blonde roots!!!!

Have a great day, Gary

Brian (aka LegionAdventure Man)

And her powers were very similar to Imra's too.

What are your thoughts on this?

BrianT (Adelaide, Australia)

Here's Steve's answer earlier in this topic.

And thanks for the kind words Brian. I've usually got several projects going at once but, I do try to stop to chat with the LW gang on Wednesdays around 8:30AM your time (Tuesdays @ 4:00PM my time).

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Hi Steve,

I kinda liked how you redesigned Timber Wolf's costume, with the grey wolf icon and the darker colour schemes - you must have had inspiration from when Dave Cockrum was doing the Legion.

His designs were way out of this world - altho i never thought Phantom Girl's bell-bottoms as super-hero material.

One minor quibble: you made PG look silly with her little-girl-in-pigtails 'do.

BrianT
(Adelaide, Australia)

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Sensor Girl] [Tellus] [Quislet]

[Skreeak?] [Tiger Girl] [Energy Boy] [Mentalla]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmic Toast Man:
The killing of a character as 'cutting edge' story telling is getting soooo old. It is also (IMO) LAZY story writing.

In the first 25-26 years of the Legion I count only 4 Legion Deaths (5 if you count Lightning Lad but they brought him back). They were mourned. They were honored. And they were remembered for their heroics. (If I missed someone please feel free to add them)

Ferro Lad
Invisible Kid
Chemical King
Karate Kid

In the last 16-17 years after Crisis and especially during v. 4 It seemed as if they kept trying to up the death count in each issue. It got to the point they felt that blowing up the moon and the EARTH were GOOD plot devices.

Why must there be such a high body count to be considered 'trendy' or 'relevant'?
The trend to kill off characters someone doesn't want to write with the thought... "someone else can figure out how to bring them back to life" is getting old too.

If you want 'realism' in comics this is about as far from it as you can get.

The Legionnaires who passed on (with the exception of Lightning Lad) remained dead. (yes there was that clone story ... but it wrapped up in one issue). Other writers were still able to write these characters in flashback or 'untold' stories that didn't diminish their sacrifice or weaken the stories of their deaths.

Sorry for the long meandering post...but this is a topic that has bothered me for years.

------------------
Better to have a mind open as a book than closed as a fist

Welcome to Legion World, CTM. Your words from three years ago are still poignant today and for LSH #10/11!
Cosmic Toast Man
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmic Toast Man   Email Cosmic Toast Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Nightcrawler. It's great to be here. Sadly it seems the trend is still continuing...but thats a rant for another time.

Thanks again for the welcome!

From: Washington State | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi, I've got a question for Mr. Lightle.

On the cover of Legion #14, and I don't know how often you get questions like this, did you ever conceive any information about that big, faceless green guy under Comet Queen & Quislet and above Power Boy.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump]
been wondering where Steve Lightle has been all along? Is he working on comics or ??

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Hi, I've got a question for Mr. Lightle.

On the cover of Legion #14, and I don't know how often you get questions like this, did you ever conceive any information about that big, faceless green guy under Comet Queen & Quislet and above Power Boy.

I believe the green guy was Quislet occupying a green object. At least that was my impression.

[Fruit Boy]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, that is Quislet.
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Steve, not sure if you check in here often these days so in case you are thought you'd like to know how great the covers are that you have done recently are. Totally excellent!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.