Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » first time post from chris batista (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: first time post from chris batista
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I really enjoyed the issue. The art rocked all the way through. And I have to agree that Dick and Donna haven't looked so good in ages.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah Nightwing and Robin both looked awesome!
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Batista   Email Chris Batista         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey everybody! It's been awhile. Glad you guys dug the issue. It was great to draw Nightwing and Donna and the Titans off course. It reminded me of my run on the Legion. I wish I could have done some of the Deathstroke stuff. I won't be doing the Sci Fi mini featuring Adam Strange, Animal Man, and Starfire. Adam Beechen is writing it. Such a shame, my pitch with Dna regarding the same characters would have kicked ass. We were going very dark sci fi stuff, I think we really would have taken fans by surprise. I'm crackin' away on Superman confidential. DnA really delivered on the story. Thanks again to you all for your continued support!
Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Crap! I didn't realize you were doing Superman Confidential. I'd skipped on putting that on my list. Has your arc already started Chris?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Batista   Email Chris Batista         Edit/Delete Post     
I just started on the first issue. I don't know when it will be solicited. It's a 3 issue arc with DnA. I'm about 11 pages in and am getting to take a little time on it. Just read the script for the second issue and WOW! Wait til you read Superman's first meeting with Orion. This a great spin on those old tales.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds great Chris. This will definitely go on my pull list.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, just got my TT issue last week and really loved the art. I'm a big Tim Drake fan and I think you drew him really well, along with Nightwing. In fact you drew everyone really well. You managed to show that there was an age difference between the older and younger Titans without making either set look goofy or exaggerated.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Chris don't know if I said this before but my favorite work of yours was long ago in Spaceknights. Man, you really made those guys cool.

I think Marvel is going to redesign them. I am happy Marvel is using them again but said they didn't keep your designs. [Frown]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

Thanks a lot Steph. Tim was indeed a pleasure to draw. I wanted to make sure he looked young compared to Nightwing and Jason Todd. Congrats on graduating! I caught the Spaceknights in the Annilihation prologue. I was'nt digging the designs in spite of Mike Perkins excellent work on the issue. Spaceknights always give me bad memories but I was proud of the designs. Shame they're gonna ditch them. It always makes me sad when I think of how I never got to do the relaunch the way I felt it should be done. Keep in mind, I wanted DnA to do it with me but editorial did'nt let me. Sigh.......I wish you could have read the original pitch Jorge. I hated what Starlin did with it.
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Chris, any idea what's after Confidential for you? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there's an ongoing for you on the horizon--I definitely get the feeling you want to work with DnA more!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Chris, well with DnA now in the Marvel cosmic sandbox maybe we can see some of what was planned? I honestly only collected it for the art. [Smile]

I was even tempted to try and buy some of the original pages.

[ June 25, 2007, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Ultra Jorge ]

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there's an ongoing for you on the horizon...!

Seconded. It's criminal that nobody's got you on a regular book. [Razz] [Frown]

Tell us the gig you want and the editor we need to hassle! [Evil] [Yes]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

I was asked to do the Adam Strange, Starfire, and Animal Man 8 issue mini but it would have meant not doing the Superman story.I was aching to do this story all through 52, which was not that much fun to draw, and I did not want to give it up. I was supposed to do Nova with DnA a while back, and I gave up on that for 52. Certainly 52 was a far higher profile but Nova would have been more enjoyable. DnA and I have such a great time working together, we're hoping this Superman arc gets some notice for our efforts as a team. With the editorial changes on 52 a good deal of my plans did'nt come to fruition. I wanted to do an Animal Man ongoing but it did'nt happen and I've previously mentioned my plans for Adam Strange, Starfire and Animal Man that did'nt fly. It's a shame because I promise you, the planned miniseries by Adam Beechen, would'nt have matched what DnA and I came up with. I wanted to let everybody know that I will be in Artist's Alley in San Diego this year. I always attend but I rarely sit still. This year I'll be sitting. I'll be happy to show you the pencils for Superman if you attend. Much ass has been busted to bring the pages to life! If I could pick a gig after this story....it would be working with Geoff Johns on Superman and the Legion. That would be heaven. Oh yeah...I would love to do the Marvel Family.
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Chris, what Marvel comics were you a fan of growing up?

Also do you like doing more cosmic stories or superheroes?

Chris Batista
Advisor

I loved anything KIRBY created. Thor was my absolute favorite. Walt Simonson's run is unmatched. Reads even better these days. I hated when they junked all his ideas after his departure depi. Fantastic Four was a top fave.Those were the days when John Byrne was God. I was a huge Marvel fan growing up. Happy to see the Avengers getting their respect these days. John Romita Jrsite my love of Defalco and Frenz on Spiderman and Iron Man give me happy memories. Micronauts.....ah yes....Michel Golden and Bill Mantlo. Pure bliss, I would love to get a shot at them. I prefer superheroes but if you can throw in some Sci Fi, I'm happy. Legion was a very happy middle ground.
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.