Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » first time post from chris batista (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: first time post from chris batista
Chris Batista
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Batista   Email Chris Batista         Edit/Delete Post     
It is still on....just started the first issue
Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow.
I'm so excited to hear this.
I <3d your work on the Legion.
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Batista   Email Chris Batista         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Candlelight......I hope the fans will dig what we have in store......
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I've dug all your work so far-- I still miss your BOOSTER GOLD terribly... you were a wonderful match with Giff and DeMatteis! [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

We did have fun on that book.....
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It showed both in art and writing. Looking forward to your "DCnU" project!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

if you're on this board you will definetly love our subject matter.....
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Batista:
if you're on this board you will definetly love our subject matter.....

hmmm I am still waiting for that! so looks like it s a remote chance that you may not work on Legion project?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
The mini series has been revealed!! Here's a link to new thread with another link to the Newsarama post regarding "Legion: Secret Origin" written by Paul and drawn by Chris.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Chris, I LOVE that cover (or whatever it is) in the Newsarama blurb!

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That piece of art is gorgeous. I'm looking forward to this- will it have some lasting bit that changes a Legionnaire- like when Cham was revealed to be Brande's son in the LSH's first mini?

I gotta admit, though, that another retelling of the team's origin wouldn't be in my top 10 (or even 20) desired storylines to get this treatment- especially considering the Saturn Girl/Cosmic Boy written by Levitz in the most recent tales of the team's history.

I wish Chris and DNA or somebody would get a crack at the New Wanderers...

Still, that art makes me look forward to this more than the prospect of the story does.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Levitz posted on FB that the emphasis is on secret, not origin. It's about the larger forces bringing the Legion together, not the kids save Brandes life on a star liner.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
hmm then good thing that I am gonna buy that book instead of repeating the origin of saving RJ Brande's life....I like that.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

There are going to be very cool revelations about the Legion. It's not a retread at all.
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
I must say Mr.Batista out of all the artists who worked on the Legion after all the boots, your art stands out to me as the most energetic and suited for the Legion.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.