Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » first time post from chris batista (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: first time post from chris batista
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Got to ask - are you, as the cover seems to suggest, using the postboot Cosmic Boy costume (i.e., the same costume he had in your The Legion run with DnA), rather than the Silver Age costume?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Batista   Email Chris Batista         Edit/Delete Post     
actually it's a combination of his classic, giffen's and Sprouse's. I took the best from all.All of their classic outfits are getting reworked to make them feel not dated.
Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Batista   Email Chris Batista         Edit/Delete Post     
Damn nice thing to say Lone Wolf. I'm thrilled to be back with the Legion. I think You're gonna like the updated classic looks.
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Just don't get rid of the Grell outfits. I'm pretty sure the internet would crack in half if you removed the amount of fan service those outfits afforded.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

they are for the most part, updates of their classic suits. I think Cockrum did the best costumes period!
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Well okay then.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Batista:
After that I have to pick between 2 projects involving the Legion. Unfortunately I can only do one of them.....

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Batista:
They are both minis, one at 6 the other at 5. I am leaning towards one more than the other but there seems to be a roadblock or two in the way. It could be very cool but a nightmare to draw. I don't mean to be cryptic but I don't think I can mention them here......hopefully soon...

So was the other one that you decided not to take the Star Trek/LSH project that was just announced at Comicon? If so I can see why it was a hard choice!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

The Star Trek Legion mini was indeed the other project. I really wanted to do it but I did'nt fit in the final budget. It just seems like such a cool idea and I love Roberson.
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
oh ah! but it s a good thing that we still have another former Legion artists to do Star Trek/Legion mini.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
cool cover #2 by the way! [Smile]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
Ok, I ask that you don't get offended by my terrible bluntness, and I realize you may not be able to answer this question... But:
Is "Secret Origin" going to be used to give us any clue what-so-ever as to the differences in continuity between this version of the LSH and the Original LSH it is strongly based on? Or, is it solely to retcon in this dark secret mentioned in the solisitation?

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

Far as I can tell it's not going to be vastly different. It will definetly be far more serious and less silly. Keep in mind I love those old stories. THere is going to be more of a why there there is a Legion......
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
Umm... So, 'solely to retcon in this dark secret mentioned in the solisitation' is pretty much the purpose. And, we'll be left hanging yet again as to what is still/again in continuity for the new version of the Legion coming out of this 'reboot'? Despite this mini being the perfect opportunity to settle continuity issues and answer questions unanswered since the current version of the Legion appeared in 'The Lightning Saga'?
From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Chris, this is probably a question that is obvious from the solicits but I figured I'd ask anyway (since you're awesome), but is Phantom Girl going to play a big part in this mini?
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Iam Legion:
Umm... So, 'solely to retcon in this dark secret mentioned in the solisitation' is pretty much the purpose. And, we'll be left hanging yet again as to what is still/again in continuity for the new version of the Legion coming out of this 'reboot'? Despite this mini being the perfect opportunity to settle continuity issues and answer questions unanswered since the current version of the Legion appeared in 'The Lightning Saga'?

Wow Iam Legion! Your precognitive abilities must be stronger than Dream Girl's for you to know what the sole purpose of this mini is and how it's going to handle continuity issues months before it's even been released.

You're welcome to your opinion of whether you think you'll like it or not but why don't you wait until you've actually read it before criticising it's content?

As much as it pains me to say this, as a DCU continuity fan, there's no point in even trying to resolve continuity problems in the DCnU anyway. All the old continuity seems to be out the window in this rebooted/reimagined/relaunched/re-whatever-they're-calling-it universe anyway.

The Reboot costumes on the Preboot characters should be a big clue toward that.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.