Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » first time post from chris batista (Page 18)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: first time post from chris batista
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
[QUOTE]Wow Iam Legion! Your precognitive abilities must be stronger than Dream Girl's for you to know what the sole purpose of this mini is and how it's going to handle continuity issues months before it's even been released.

I really suggest you re-read the conversation since you seem to have missed important parts of it.
I asked a question of Mr. Batista:
quote:
Is "Secret Origin" going to be used to give us any clue what-so-ever as to the differences in continuity between this version of the LSH and the Original LSH it is strongly based on? Or, is it solely to retcon in this dark secret mentioned in the solisitation?
To which he (kindly) replied:
quote:
THere is going to be more of a why there there is a Legion...
But said nothing of my question about reconciling the many continuity issues that currently exist or the ones that will likely exist in September once Superman and Supergirl's histories are once again changed.
So you see, I made no predictions what-so-ever. Niether did I claim to have any predictive powers. Nor did I criticize unknown content, I criticized what Mr. Batista indicated IS the content. So, I responded to the answer I was given with my conclusion and if you would note, I also added a few questions for clarification or negation of the conclusion I had reached due to the response given by some one involved in the actual work. I know it is only an opinion. As you said, I am entitled to mine as you are to yours.
Mr. Batista is of course more than welcome to correct my conclusion if he wishes and finds it necessary to.

[ August 18, 2011, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: Iam Legion ]

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^ Let's take this to PM.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
Already sent you one after posting this. So, let's.
From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
quote:
Originally posted by Iam Legion:
Umm... So, 'solely to retcon in this dark secret mentioned in the solisitation' is pretty much the purpose. And, we'll be left hanging yet again as to what is still/again in continuity for the new version of the Legion coming out of this 'reboot'? Despite this mini being the perfect opportunity to settle continuity issues and answer questions unanswered since the current version of the Legion appeared in 'The Lightning Saga'?

As much as it pains me to say this, as a DCU continuity fan, there's no point in even trying to resolve continuity problems in the DCnU anyway. All the old continuity seems to be out the window in this rebooted/reimagined/relaunched/re-whatever-they're-calling-it universe anyway.

It's the "NottaBoot" [Wink]

Hopefully LSH fistory won't be changed overmuch.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

And so, Volume 7 of the Legion of Super-Heroes offically becomes known as the NottaBoot Legion. Cool! [Yes]
gone
gone

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Hopefully LSH fistory won't be changed overmuch.

Oh my! Is there something about the Legion I didn't know? Is it going to be part of the DCnU's new Adult Imprint? Or was that just a Freudian Slip?
*sorry, couldn't resist*
*ok, didn't really try to either*

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

As is commonly known, when referencing an event in the Legion's history, the more correct term is "fistory", short for future history. [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

gone
gone

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. [Yes]
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

[LOL] Well I do hope this ORIGINS miniseries doesn't alter our beloved LSH fistory into something unrecognizable...

If, for instance, the cellular trim ray or dupli-writing stylus or Brain Globes of Rambat are eliminated from fistory, I will be space-inconsolable (which, as is commonly known, is the futuristic version of present-day inconsolable).

--------------------

gone
gone

How much more 'unrecognizable' can it get from the Three-boot version? I am just hoping that whatever it may be, that some of the questions about what is or is not in continuity for this new version will be answered along the way of telling the story of "why there there is a Legion". Guess the answer to that question will start being answered in October if we don't find out from other sources sooner.
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
For the record, creators can't/don't come to forums to answer specific questions regarding projects that have yet to be published. So, I expect everyone to acknowledge that fact by not putting them in awkward situations or expecting answers they aren't going to receive.

I do appreciate that Chris stops by here and gives a few hints now and then. Thanks Chris!

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Batista:
they are for the most part, updates of their classic suits. I think Cockrum did the best costumes period!

I can see you are a man with superb taste!

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
For the record, creators can't/don't come to forums to answer specific questions regarding projects that have yet to be published. So, I expect everyone to acknowledge that fact by not putting them in awkward situations or expecting answers they aren't going to receive.
I do appreciate that Chris stops by here and gives a few hints now and then. Thanks Chris!

First: I want to say that Mr. Batista has done a rare and wonderful thing by coming here and posting at all. Not all creators would take the time or make the effort. He is to be applauded (loudly and vigorously) for doing so.

I'll end it (and my participation in this thread) at that.

[ August 19, 2011, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Iam Legion ]

Chris Batista
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Batista   Email Chris Batista         Edit/Delete Post     
I am not sure how big her role is but she will be prominent in the series. She does more than the founders do in the first issue
Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I love the idea of a spotlight on Tinya!
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.