Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » first time post from chris batista (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: first time post from chris batista
Chris Batista
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Batista   Email Chris Batista         Edit/Delete Post     
The decision to relaunch the Legion was ,I think, a marketing decision. They could push Mark and Barry as the team that did Empire. They did get higher numbers than we did. Originally I was going to stick around with Mark coming aboard. I wrote down a whole bunch of notes for him that my editor asked me to put to paper. These were ideas that I was always pestering him about. Then the relaunch came about with Barry on board. The fresh start made more sense with Barry. It would have been hard on me to just throw everything away and start from scratch as I was very happy with were the book was. Besides Barry is a great chap as well as being a great artist on the book.
Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Batista:
As far as other Legionaires returning, I would have loved ... Quislet.

Who doesn't love Quislet? [Wink]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Besides Barry is a great chap as well as being a great artist on the book.

Barry has been great to LegionWorld as well. You should check out some of his threads where he shares with us the various stages of his covers. They're pretty nifty!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Batista   Email Chris Batista         Edit/Delete Post     
I met Barry Kitson for the first time just over a week ago. We had dinner and drinks with Legion editor Steve Wacker. He told me that he was heading out to Baltimore for the Con. Other than the fact, that he punched out a nun for taking a sip out of his beer, he was a great guy. He's got a wicked left, that nun was out cold. She'll think twice next time.
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
A belated welcome from me, too... and thanks for putting Kent into the cadets!

I loved your run on the book! I'd have rather had that continue than the five fill-in issues that followed.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I met Barry Kitson for the first time just over a week ago. We had dinner and drinks with Legion editor Steve Wacker. He told me that he was heading out to Baltimore for the Con. Other than the fact, that he punched out a nun for taking a sip out of his beer, he was a great guy. He's got a wicked left, that nun was out cold. She'll think twice next time.

[ROTFLMAO] That is hysterical! Barry sounds like a tough guy. It would be even more impressive if the nun was Andromeda... [Andromeda]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow Chris, I had forgotten you drew Steel in the beginning of his series... I dug your art way back then too!!

Has your new series been announced yet, or are you teasing us? Maybe it's a new Booster Gold series!! [Smile]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

Kent Shakespeare was one of the most pleasant surprises from the five year gap era. Most of the cadets were left up to me, and there was no way I was leaving out Kent. I was really hoping he'd make the active roster. It would have been nice to actually come up with a costume for him. Oh well! Steel has shown up in the latest issue of 52. He's been great to draw as well. Check out the colors on the issue, really great stuff. I don't mean to be a tease on the topic of a new series but I have a duty to protect what little secrets I know about 52. Since there is speculation about who lives or dies, I can't reveal who it is yet. All I can say, which unfortunately will still be teasing, is that I have already drawn the character in my issues of 52. He's a favorite of mine.
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Chris! I can't believe I've only just discovered this thread now! Welcome to Legion World!

I'm a big fan of your work! Your time on the Legion was my first exposure to it and it made me an instant fan! Congratulations on your excellent work in probably the best JLA story of the last 5-10 years too!

Really looking forward to seeing what your post-52 series is. Hoping its a Ralph Dibny ongoing! He's too good a character to end up in limbo... or worse - in the ground!

One last thing before I go - SO great to see you're a Colossal Boy/Gim Allon fan too! I think I'm probably the biggest Gim Allon fan on this site and thus one who blames the reboot's sudden decline in quality (pre-DnA) to be a direct result of the Emerald Violet storyline (which killed off Gim and left us with that endless/useless Team 20 mess).

So here's a question - were there ever any plans to bring back Gim? Or was that just your wishful thinking as an artist?

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Chris, you should know that we *really* like it when creators tease us around here. You might want to use Barry's favorite graemlin: [tease]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

JLA was such a treat to draw. I got to draw the original lineup and Despero. Not to mention working with the amazing duo of Geoff Johns and Alan Heinberg. I wish I could do a fill in on the new Brad Meltzer Leauge. Maybe I'l start begging now. Sorry it won't be a Ralph Dibny ongoing but he is definetly proving his worth in 52 without any powers.
Collasal Boy was "hopeful" thinking if the book never got rebooted. My plan was that somehow his lifeforce had been preserved in Violet by the Emerald Eye. When he is restored, Violet would get her classsic Cockrum suit and so would Colossal Boy. That costume just looked perfect to me. I love Violet as a character but not at the expense of Gim Allon. Besides, his being an ex cop would play really well with Legion World being a base for the Science Police. I doubt most Legion fans would be too upset at seeing Colossal Boy back in full glory.

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Collasal Boy was "hopeful" thinking if the book never got rebooted. My plan was that somehow his lifeforce had been preserved in Violet by the Emerald Eye. When he is restored, Violet would get her classsic Cockrum suit and so would Colossal Boy. That costume just looked perfect to me. I love Violet as a character but not at the expense of Gim Allon. Besides, his being an ex cop would play really well with Legion World being a base for the Science Police.

They had actually, deliberately, ruled that out as a possibility back in the issue where they revealed she had his powers though...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

Good point Reboot. I had forgotten about that especially since I remember I was'nt reading the book as much at that time. It felt a bit "Archie" at the time. If I had ever gotten the chance to Bring Gim back, never fear, I would have done my reserch thoroughly. It had taken DnA to get me back as a full time reader. I felt they gave the book a giant set of cojones.
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Just saw this. Hello Chris. Welcome to the board from another fan of your art. It's a pleasure.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Batista
Advisor

The pleasure is mine Rickshaw
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.