Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Welcome Francis Manapul! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Welcome Francis Manapul!
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Another panel appeared on today. I'm really looking forward to the finished product. Tinya's looking great.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Francis! Lookin' good!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't wait to see this book!! Thanks for the sneak peeks Francis, looks fantastic already!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I even like his sketches!

Do they look *exactly* like I want them to look? No, and I doubt that's even possible (unless Steve Lightle came back or something). But this is the best looking Legion I've seen in a long, long time!

The finished cover with Projectra looks so clean, like you'd expect a young person from the 31st century to look. (The rough draft of her sitting on the throne, all King Conan-esque, was an evocative visual. It makes for a darker, angrier looking character, while the one of her kneeling and grieving suggests a completely different character. Interesting.)

Projectra on the throne

Also eenteresting that the Orandan throne room had a big honkin' chain that seems to have been attached to the arm of the throne. Did daddy have a large guard-beast of some sort?

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Great stuff, Francis. Keep it up!
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fjm
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fjm   Author's Homepage   Email fjm         Edit/Delete Post     
thanks guys! posted another one today, and I'm hoping to post one every day until the book is out [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com
http://manapul.blogspot.com/

From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by fjm:
thanks guys! posted another one today, and I'm hoping to post one every day until the book is out [Big Grin]

Ayla looks so young there. I like it.

The biggest irony of the 'underagers' movement was that so many of the Legionnaires appeared to be in their late twenties or early thirties (Rokk, especially). Then again, in the 30th century the average human lifespan could be 250+ and a 30 year old might seem like a puling infant to the 70+ year old 'adults.' [Smile]

fjm
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fjm   Author's Homepage   Email fjm         Edit/Delete Post     
thanks Set. from what I've gathered they seem to range from 15 to 20's. So I wanted to try and make them look like their age...although I tend to draw people "young" looking so that could also be a reason [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com

From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Loving the panel looks so far Francis. Can't wait to see the whole thing come together. I may have to try to pick up a couple of pages featuring Lightning Lad to add to my collection.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. Today's panel is just... WOW! I'm falling in love with Imra all over again. [Smile]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Ditto on confident-looking-Imra. I've always seen her in my head as someone who would *look* confident (especially when she has her doubts), just because she knows what everyone is all anxious about, and, more importantly, she knows that showing apprehension will help no one.

Artists interpretations of their features may come and go, but I've always felt that most of the Legionnaires should be able to be identified by their posture. Some are subdued and often hang out towards the rear (Lyle, Gim), others are confident and out front (Imra, Rokk), still others are *aggressively* confident, daring the world to bring it on (Jo, Shady).

Brin's looking nice. Very not-Furball, which is 10,000 points in the plus column.

[ December 15, 2007, 03:30 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

fjm
Advisor

thanks folks! and Saturn Girl kicks a lot of butt in our second issue!

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com

Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by fjm:
thanks folks! and Saturn Girl kicks a lot of butt in our second issue!

Good! Great! [Big Grin]
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Congrats Francis! Issue 37 was awesome! Only disappointment to me was a coloring error so not your fault. Just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed the art (and the writing) immensely and I'm so happy to be a Legion fan now.

So a big thank you for a job well done!

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

The coloring error where Saturn Girl is 'calling her mother' (top of page 8) and her hair is orange (as if she was Ayla?). That's amusing.
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.