Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Welcome Francis Manapul! (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Welcome Francis Manapul!
fjm
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fjm   Author's Homepage   Email fjm         Edit/Delete Post     
thanks!

1. Lately I've been listening to a lotta talk radio mostly from wordballoon or comic zone and fanboy radio. Its kinda cool hearing creator interviews and how they approach things. Or sometimes I'll just listen to the news. I used to listen to music but found myself distracted by what to listen to next. [Big Grin]

2. I use a .o5 mechanical pencil with an hb lead you can pretty much get this at any supply store. I also use a .07 and a 2mm lead holder on ocassion which are more readily available at art stores.

hope that helps!

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com
http://manapul.blogspot.com/

From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GarethGraves
Say Jim! That is one bad outFIT!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GarethGraves   Author's Homepage   Email GarethGraves         Edit/Delete Post     
So how do you approach drawing women as opposed to men? I always seem to screw it up with all the different proportions and musculature. I mean, they always come out more manly than they should. I don't know if it's just that I need more practice (I draw about 2-3 hours a day, when I'm not writing) or if it's just something I'm doing wrong. Any thoughts or ideas for me?

--------------------
Hey MTV. I want to be MADE... Into a MERCENARY.

From: right here | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fjm
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fjm   Author's Homepage   Email fjm         Edit/Delete Post     
you know I had this problem when I first drew withcblade. I always made their shoulders too broad. Anyways the two are very different. women I tend to draw softer with fewer lines. The less lines you use for their faces the better they look. also their figure tends to be softer rounder and more curvy. With men I tend to draw with with more angles and sharper edges. Not square but certainly with a more angular look. I hope that helps. And of course life drawing, if thats not possible fitness magazines are great as well as body building magazines and sports maagazines for male and fashion magazines and the fitness magazines for women. I hope that helps.

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com

From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GarethGraves
Say Jim! That is one bad outFIT!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GarethGraves   Author's Homepage   Email GarethGraves         Edit/Delete Post     
It does, thanks alot! And if you get the chance, tell Shooter that Ferro LAd needs to come in already! Keep up the awesome work man!

--------------------
Hey MTV. I want to be MADE... Into a MERCENARY.

From: right here | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Acid Digestion Lad   Email Acid Digestion Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Amen on that one man. I for one would love to see Fancis's rendition of Ferro (lad) as i'm sure it would be great.
From: Bismoll, baby! Yeah!! | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matter Lad
What is a madman, but a broken genius?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matter Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Matter Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
that would be one of three.

Ferro
Wildfire
Matter-Eater Lad

My must-haves.

--------------------
My homepage
Jus ad Bellum
Shinto

From: Saginaw, MI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fjm
Advisor

yeah I'd LOVE to draw Ferro Lad he's such a cool character.

On a side note I just wanted to give you guys a heads up if your in the Vancouver area. I'll be attending a one day show this sunday may 25th at the Heritage Hall from 11-5. more info can be found here: http://mypages.uniserve.com/~lswong/Comicon.html
hope to see some of you folks there!

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Francis! Are you gonna be heading to San Diego Comic-Con this year?
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PenaltyKillah
Out of Continuity!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenaltyKillah   Author's Homepage   Email PenaltyKillah         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, that's awesome! I'm in the Metro Vancouver area! You gonna be there on August 24th?

--------------------
"For some reason I can't explain or understand, and probably never will... EVERYTHING comes from SUPERMAN." - Alexander Luthor, Jr.

Unfortunately, the Legion is no exception.

From: Canadia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fjm
Advisor

yup I'll be in sdcc. my whereabouts will be sorta here an there at the con, but I'm sure at one point or another you will find me at the aspen comics booth.

sorry I won't be at Vancouver at that time. I will however be attending the toronto fan expo in and around that same time.

--------------------
www.francismanapul.com

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Cool!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matter Lad
What is a madman, but a broken genius?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matter Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Matter Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the advice on drawing women. It really helped me out.

And another question...whatever happened to Theena? She was one of my favorite characters, and she just seemed to drift out of the spotlight. Is there any chance we might see her again?

--------------------
My homepage
Jus ad Bellum
Shinto

From: Saginaw, MI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I [Love] my Nightcrawler sketch! I'm having it framed ASAP (after I scan it in for posterity, of course)!

Thanks again to both you and Agnes generously stopping by the table today at the Con. It was THE highlight in a Con that was filled with nothing but highlights for me. You guys are the best!

[ July 27, 2008, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Just want to second what Nightcrawler said. Thanks to you both for stopping by the table and sketching for us. It meant a lot.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, FJM stopped by the LW booth? SWEET! Looks like there are still some untold tales waiting to be told about Sandy Eggo!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.