Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » i wish i'd stayed in contact with BARRY KITSON, now ..... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: i wish i'd stayed in contact with BARRY KITSON, now .....
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
just before BARRY KITSON came to work on the last TITANS series, i used to get emails from him, every couple of weeks !!! because i'd sent him one to begin with, to say i was looking forward to his work on that title !!!

but over time they became less !!! until i stopped sending them .... now i wish i had kept up with them !!!

he's a really nice guy, actually !!! and he used to stop by the TITANS page at the old "DCMB's" all the time !!!

maybe he'll come here [ that's if he the new artist ??? ]

if i'm correct ??? one of his first issues for "DC" was a LEGION OF SUPER HEROES annual [ #4 of the "Baxter Run" ]

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Matt, if you can get him or Coipel for that matter, I'll give them a forum each.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Gary, I posted contact stuff for both Waid & Kitson here: http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000730;p=1#000008

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
And I contacted both Waid and Kitson. Barry has already answered:

quote:
Hi Scott
Thanks very much for the invite!

I've been a Legion fan since I was about 5 years old! I think the second piece of work I did for DC was the LSH annual - and then of course I spent all those years with L.E.G.I.O.N. where Mark and I first worked together in fact!
Hopefully I've learned a lot and improved a good deal since then :-)

To be honest I wouldn't like to be joining in on any discussions about other people's work - but if I do ever get to draw the LSH I'd be honored to participate on your boards!

Thanks again for getting in touch and please feel free to write any time!

Cheers
Barry

And his little note about improving a lot is because, even though I spell checked my e-mail I didn't do a grammar check. I told him that should he wish to join either Gary or I would improve him immediately rather than approve. [Embarrassed] He at least found it humorous.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice news anyway - just watch the typos in future [Razz]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, he gets a forum just for his time on L.E.G.I.O.N. as far as I'm concerned. Which LSH Annual did he do? <--- bad legion fan/founder for not knowing the answer.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
hmmmm... This does not sound like a note from someone whose tenure on the Legionis iminent.

"If I do ever get to draw the Legion..."

I wonder if the rumors are true then. Again, nothing against Barry, I relly do like his work, but I was really groovin' on Batista & Wallace, and hate to see them get das boot.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
He did the first story in Annual # 4 (2nd series), in 1988. The first story Secrets Within the Star was his work.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Well, he gets a forum just for his time on L.E.G.I.O.N. as far as I'm concerned. Which LSH Annual did he do? <--- bad legion fan/founder for not knowing the answer.

Hey, if I send you my complete Legion checklist, do you think you could find a space for it? Maybe in the Encyclopedia Galactica section? I also once had a Legion Creator Tenure list that I can rebuild if you would like to post it.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Duke, I'll do you one better. I'll give you access to the Encyclopedia to post it yourself. If you want.
Nightcrawler
Founder

[Embarrassed] Oops! And thanks Scott! [Smile]
Lightning Lad
Founder

I've actually got John Censullo's (sp?) full Legion checklist, including every one-of and merchandise items. He's actually kept it quite up-to-date and John has never had a problem with me using his material as a source. I would suggest going to his Legion Outpost II site and downloading Special # 1. While it may show an Autumn 1997 date I can assure you it is updated to at least June of this year.

[ December 12, 2003, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

Nightcrawler
Founder

Oh. Cool.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Duke, if you want to use John's list to work with but don't want to download the file let me know. He does use an executable DOS program instead of a ZIP file. It makes his 1.2 MB checklist a measly 200-something KB. But I know some people don't like using unknown executables. Since I have both I'll gladly just e-mail you the Word doc.
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Duke, if you want to use John's list to work with but don't want to download the file let me know. He does use an executable DOS program instead of a ZIP file. It makes his 1.2 MB checklist a measly 200-something KB. But I know some people don't like using unknown executables. Since I have both I'll gladly just e-mail you the Word doc.

All set.

I used John's list, along with lists by Michael Grabois, Jim Drew, and several others, along with my own research, when I created my list.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.