Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » "The Legion Companion" [results available]

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "The Legion Companion" [results available]
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
[Results are available for this poll. UBB's wording below is, I found, a bit misleading: You can view the results by clicking below, once it has closed, even if you didn't vote in the poll.

It seems that everyone who voted has the book in hand, which, if that's representative of those who wanted it, is a good sign. It's not likely to be reprinted, though, so those who are still mulling it over may want to buy it now. -- Grey]

A poll about the new and long-awaited Legion book from TwoMorrows Publishing, motivated by curiosity from this contributor to its pages.

It's now available (through Diamond) via any comics shop, directly from the publisher, and via Amazon.com and other Net stores. Threads with discussion of the book are in the main (The Legion) and Steve Lightle sections.

[ December 11, 2003, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Was the book (at US $24.95) too expensive?

To clarify my vote for this particular question, which was "no or Other Opinion": I was a little disappointed that, for the cover price, the interiors were all black and white. I don't recall if it was listed as such in the solicits; if so, then my fault for not reading more closely. But it would have been nice for some of the artwork to be printed in color.

[ December 01, 2003, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Pov ]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
(Another minor point: Why were the creator's pics either missing or 20 years old? Most of the interviews were fairly current; couldn't Glen weasel some newer pics outta these guys? [Wink] )

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I need to clarify my answer to question #1. I bought the book, but I did not order it. I went to a local store and bought a copy they had in stock.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks again to all who voted!
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.