Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Go Check out the Pulse, New Waid Q&A UP (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Go Check out the Pulse, New Waid Q&A UP
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
We also get three pages of artwork with dialouge!

Some question get answered, some people will be disappointed, and some people will be angry. Lets discuss!

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Link?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Here you go:

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=36&t=002869

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The link and images can also be found in this thread.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks! So it looks like the "Cover art to Issue #2" isn't that at all...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Thanks! So it looks like the "Cover art to Issue #2" isn't that at all...

Yeah, I need to go and change the title of that thread don't I.

Just wish I knew if it was from the preview or issue #1. Maybe the preview is just pages from issue #1.

[ October 04, 2004, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Deathstroke Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm pleased with how the colors actually turn up on the cover-now-interior page. Tasmia's line reads very preboot Shady-like to me...but there still seems to be some Umbra attitude in there somewhere with how distant she seems from the others.

Love the SP officer's report on how the Legion stopped them and I'm interested to see how this new Legion fits in society...something unwanted and yet they are doing SOME good...just probably going about it the wrong way.

Loved the Jo/Dirk exchange. Man...it's so weird seeing Dirk right there and powered with everyone else again more than it is to see a living Gim once more.

I'm curious by some things in the interview. Are Garth & Imra already involved and off on their own? Is Garth already a casualty and being mourned by S.G.? And when can we expect some non-boy/girl/lads to show up? I'd like to think this Legion has the potential to game new members every so often like its predecesors...but perhaps with some name diversity eventually as we bring back some classics.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Future:
I'm curious by some things in the interview. Are Garth & Imra already involved and off on their own? Is Garth already a casualty and being mourned by S.G.?

Yeah, the answer to my question kinda left me wanting. So Cos gets to show up in the first issue but not Garth and Imra. I'm making myself believe that they are either off on a recruiting drive or, maybe, already starting their family. [Big Grin]
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm actually happy by Imra's appearance on the cover...meaning she may be invovled in a big way or still be a member. I loved her preboot and hope to feel something for her again here. Postboot, though I didn't hate her, she didn't weigh on me at all.

Garth being up in the air is making me VERY nervous. You know something has to have been reimagined about him, either look or current whereabouts, to avoid being featured yet. Either that or I'm taking Capt. Dallas's job and being paranoid. [Wink]

I'm also anxious to see who else is a member. Rumor has it 18-20 members and I can think of 17 right now (including Garth) based on covers and interviews. Is Superboy already in there, perhaps? I know rumor is that Mon-el will be coming in somehow but isn't a Legionnaire yet.

Where's Lu? Lyle? Andrew? I probably shouldn't even try to get started on Jenni & other postbooters.

[ October 04, 2004, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Future ]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
So we have confirmation of Thom's race-switch.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

I would **MUCH** rather have seen Tyroc and/or James Cullen. And Danielle Foccart.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Valor the M'Onell
Anything but a marvel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valor the M'Onell   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey I thought Gim was Micro Lad now yet he's said to be Colossal Boy.Screw up.
From: Australia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
This interview and reading of the pages makes me more excited than upset with the changes and the reboot.

I still feel it was unnecessary. But the new Legion of Super-Heroes looks fun and now that I see them in action, I kinda see why Waid needed the reboot. It's just so sad that we needed to lose so much.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Valor the M'Onel:
Hey I thought Gim was Micro Lad now yet he's said to be Colossal Boy.Screw up.

At the panel in Baltimore Waid said that Gim (if that is indeed his name still) is called Micro Lad by his own people but no one in the Legion calls him that. So I don't think that can be counted as a screw-up.
Valor the M'Onell
Anything but a marvel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valor the M'Onell   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm I guess your right.And I read his name is Gim but the last name has not been confirmed.
From: Australia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
The bad? The answer to Ontir's question about lad, lass, boy, girl, etc.

The good? I liked Waid's answer for nearly every other question.

The real good? I really liked the preview pages...art and words! And that is all that matters. [Wink]

Jorge

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.