Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Texas and back

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Texas and back
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi All
Just a quick note to say 'Thanks' to everybody who made it out to Texas and were so kind to us there!

It was great meeting you all! Especially now I can picture the faces behind some of the names here! [Smile] I wish we'd had more time to chat, but waskept pretty busy sketching!
Anyway thanks again for the great reception and I hope you enjoyed all the LSH stuff you got to see!

If there's been any questions or threads while I've been gone that you think I should go to, please point me in the right direction!

Now back to work! [Smile]

Thanks again guys!

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Barry! [Smile] [Cheers]

Glad you made it back safe and sound! [Big Grin Bounce]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Nightcrawler! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome back! [Cool]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Barry! It was really nice to get a chance to chat in Texas. Sorry we never had a little while to do a sit down face to face but every time there might have been a few moments Steve whisked you away to the spacious DC suites and we didn't see you again until the next signing.
[Frown]
Believe me we would have gladly served as entarauge, body guards, bartenders, pimps or hired thugs for someone as important to us as the Legion artist!

We found Mark while he was shopping for comics but he had his anti-nerd force field set on brain-freeze so we didn't bother him too much. [Big Grin]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Thanks Stu - did you post the sketch on LW? I'm curious to see how it looks after a few days from seeing it myself! [Smile]

Hi YK - I'll take you up on that 'bodyguards' offer next con! To be honest the only time I had away from the booth was for the panels or to grab a bite to eat... I never even made it to artists alley!
We were in the Sports bar at the end of most nights...but I didn't see you guys there - I hope you weren't being too polite to come up and say 'hi', because you would have been most welcome!
Anyway, next con there will be more free time to chat I hope! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
That was truly a unique experience, laying eyes on you guys. Very cool!

And Barry is just as polite and charming in person as he is here!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:
Thanks Stu - did you post the sketch on LW? I'm curious to see how it looks after a few days from seeing it myself! [Smile]

It looks fantastic. [Smile]

I'll get it posted once I get myself a scanner or digital camera (which I'm hoping to do for the holidays)...

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
That was truly a unique experience, laying eyes on you guys. Very cool!

And Barry is just as polite and charming in person as he is here!

I'll second that!!!

It was great to meet you, Barry. hope you're going to San Diego next summer?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
That was truly a unique experience, laying eyes on you guys...

Thet weren't no eye you wuz layin' on ME, pilgrim...! [Holdur] [LOL]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow.

Barry was just absolutely mind-blowing.
One of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet.

Thanks, Barry. As I've told Mark Waid, you've done Julie Schwartz proud.

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Thanks guys - the feeling is entirely mutual!

I'll definitely be aiming for San Diego next year! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Awright, Awright, shows over. Nuthin' to see here. Get back to work young man.

[Wink]

Just kiddin. Glad you had a great time with the guys. America ain't so bad, lol.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.