Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Creator's Cosmos (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Creator's Cosmos
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Some of you may have noticed that TnT's forum has been absent from this Category. Since it was basically a link anyway, I decided to add it to out links dropdown, instead of having a whole forum for it.

Which brings me to the next item. It's been requested that the other creators here should get forums of their own. Even though I'd like to do that, it's becoming apparent that the creator forums that already exist are getting little or no traffic unless the creator himself is present and posting. When speaking about this with some of the members in a chat, Michael (Crusader/Crujectra/Spellbinder) made a great suggestion:

Merge all of the creator based forums into one. Which I think is an excellent idea. I think such a forum would be healthier and more lively than the three (or more if we were to add Michael Netzer, Gail Simone, Eric Wight, Tom Feister, and any other professional who shall join us) forums that we have now.

I was planning on merging them just prior to the upgrade. I'd be interested in any thoughts you guys may have about this. Also any suggestions for a Legion-related name for this Pro-based forum?

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
The "Visionaries of Tomorrow" forum?

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
The "Visionaries of Tomorrow" forum?

Nice. [Smile] You just keep coming up with good ideas. I may have to take some photos to pay you back. [Wink]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Nice. [Smile] You just keep coming up with good ideas. I may have to take some photos to pay you back. [Wink]

Promises, promises [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Pov, you should stay out of the sun. You're looking kinda pink [Big Grin]

--------------------

Pov

*Oink* [Razz]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Getting back to the original topic.

I think that is a good idea Nightcrawler.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Thing is, if you're dumping the individual creator boards, why bother @ all? You're basically going to end up with a duplicate General Comics board.

I don't think a merged board would be healthier - if anything, you're more likely to lose whatever little traffic there is already, and the new board would be, well, dead.

Either keep them as they are, or dump them altogether. There's little value in a merged forum.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

I was on-topic... That's a picture of Gary, in reference to his preceding post... [Wink]
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
Thing is, if you're dumping the individual creator boards, why bother @ all? You're basically going to end up with a duplicate General Comics board.

I don't think a merged board would be healthier - if anything, you're more likely to lose whatever little traffic there is already, and the new board would be, well, dead.

Either keep them as they are, or dump them altogether. There's little value in a merged forum.

I disagree. Each of the creators would be mods in that forum. And we'd be chatting with them about them, unlike what happens in the General Section.
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
If this combining is done, I have to wonder why Todd (Mystery Lad) would still merit a separate forum for his reviews, with 14 topics and about 200 posts. Steve Lightle's forum, with about twice as much on each count, would be among those losing its own separate identity.

If any of this is being done for reasons of efficiency, then "Calling the Roll" should similarly have its review threads merged into the main Legion forum, as well.

Nothing against Todd here, but "his" forum has even less traffic than those for the Legion artists. And as of now, the former had its last post 10 days ago, the latter 3 days ago.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
There are already plans to merge Todd's Calling with my upcoming to-be-named "review from the beginning" and possibly the Trophy Room into one forum.

Gary has it all under control.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

The way that I understand it is that the merging of the creator forums is primarily due to the problems that we have been experiencing. Whenever a problem arises, it becomes necessary to run a diagnostic of the site to repair the problems. Every forum, regardless of the size and traffic, requires a number of files just to run it. With every diagnostic, all of these files must be checked, which is time consuming.

Although no disrespect is meant for any of the creators that drop in here from time to time, some corners need to be cut. I don't think anyone here wants either Gary or Scott spending any more time than is absolutely necessary in maintaining this site. Their time at Legion World should be spent interacting and having fun.

Since they didn't wish to completely do away with a section dedicated to interaction with Legion creators, I suggested combining the Creators Cosmos section into a single forum. That way, we still have a dedicated place to interact with Steve and Dave and any other creator that comes here, but at the same time only one set of operational files will be required, regardless of the number of creators that we talk to, thereby cutting down the amount of time required during diagnostic sessions.

I think it's a fair compromise.

--------------------

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Since you've done it now, two questions:

- Perhaps only the Checklist threads should be highlighted in the VoT forum? (I know Scott's often shown vocal distaste for many highlighted threads, and, within limits, I agree)

- How did the Chance Machine end up in the Companion grouping with the VoT?

[ February 08, 2004, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.