Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Sorry for being away!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sorry for being away!
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
It appears that PowWeb changed/moved things around for their servers and we got lost in the shuffle.

Unfortunately, they first said that when they were done, everything will be fine. Then, they told me that I should have a cgi-bin, htdocs, etc. on my site. Which, I then had to explain I already had and have been using for months now! That's when they finally realized that we may have a problem to fix. Of course, they made me change my passwords and such trying to get here before that! [Mad]

Anyway, sorry for being down since yesterday!

[ March 25, 2004, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
*Drops to his knees and kisses the cyber-floors of LW*

[Love]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I would have thought their swapping servers, or something similar, would have been transparent to those with Websites. In any event, Gary, you clearly were right on top of it all, and it's nothing you need to apologize about.

I regret that PowWeb has been so quirky, especially since I was one of those who proposed it to Gary some months ago. How is Scott's server coming along?

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Unfortunately, Scott's server isn't cost effective. And when we leave here, I'll try to find a UBB sensitive server to replace it.

And usually, moving us around on a virtual server wouldn't effect us, but it seems that in doing so, somebody changed the "permissions" to the files. Making them invisible to the web and me unable to FTP the site.

[ March 25, 2004, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
It's okay. We'll just blame EDE [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Gary is the best! I was of absolutely no help and as he said above, my idea for my own server got shot down by my money hungry service provider. *cough*Comcast*cough*
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
You wanna know what's funny? I don't even know what a 'server' really is! Just another reason why you guys are all the best, and I thank you for it!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for all the time you put in getting us back up and running, Gary! I was starting to have DTs (De-LegionWorlded Tremors)!!!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Glad you could have us back Gary, thanks for all your hard work for us.... (Like Cobie I have absolutely no idea what a server is, and I assume it was hard work to get fixed [Big Grin] )

You are the star that we revolve around Gary, thanks....

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Thanks.

A server is a computer that you (through your internet service provider) logs into to see and experience a website. All websites are housed on them. In our case, our server is owned and operated by a company called PowWeb. They made some changes to their server computers and we (this MB) got lost there for awhile.

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion World Lost: A One-Shot Elseworlds tale brought to you by PowWeb Studios [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I am just glad we are found and running.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
And I'm glad we've got Gary, Scott, and Caroline lookin' out for us!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.