Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Question about Avatars

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about Avatars
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I always feel annoying when I ask computer questions, but I'm curious, so I'll ask.

How do you get a new avatar? If I find a picture on the web, and then alert you to it? Or is there some kind of copy the picture/email it to a founder/have the founder make it an avatar type of thing?

I think I want to swith back and forth with an Adam Strange avatar! [Smile]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Cobbie, you can send it to me or Gary and we'll load it for you. Or if you know how to get it down to the right size (60x60 pixels and under 3K in size) I believe Gary has added the option to be able to upload your own avatars.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Thanks Scott! I'll see what I can find and let you know how it goes [Smile]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Cobbie, you can send it to me or Gary and we'll load it for you. Or if you know how to get it down to the right size (60x60 pixels and under 3K in size) I believe Gary has added the option to be able to upload your own avatars.

Nope, no uploading available yet. If there's an image you like that you've seen on the web, just let me or Scott know where it is and we'll make the avatar for you.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Thanks Gary! I appreciate it guys [Smile]

Now I just have to find a decent image of Adam Strange!

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay Cobbie, how about one of these?

-  -  -

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Scott, you're the best!!! Those are awesome!

I especially like the Alex Ross one on the far right.

Thanks Scooter [Smile] [Big Grin]

Lightning Lad
Founder

You're welcome Cobbie! All three are already loaded into the Avatars and ready to use.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

And my new avatar is all set! [Smile]

Now I can have a formal costume for big ceremonies. And who doesn't want a helmut with a fin on it?

Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
And who doesn't want a helmut with a fin on it?

Helmut Lang?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Foiled again!
Lightning Lad
Founder

Okay Cobbie, here's another I uploaded last night and the one you sent me today:

-  -

Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Speaking of avatars...

-

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Scott, you really are the best! Thanks again [Smile] !
Lightning Lad
Founder

Anytime Cobbie!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.