Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Legion-symbol Graemlins

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Legion-symbol Graemlins
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Roi's question about the new Legion symbol got me wondering. Are there any graemlins that just show the Legion symbol?
I've never made a graemlin before but I was thinking something like this:  -
or this:  -

They aren't very good - my first tries - but I wonder how we got such a wonderful set of graemlins and no Legion symbols? Maybe I'm not looking hard enough...

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Look around:

http://www.legionworld.net/ubb/newL.gif
http://www.legionworld.net/ubb/oldL.gif
http://www.legionworld.net/ubb/Lon.gif

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Ahah! Thanks Reboot!
I knew there'd have to be some about somewhere. I always find it hard to use that smilie legend as it's quite small and it takes a long time to load down to the bottom of the page.

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah but the ones 'boot points out are not really graemlins. I would consider them icons and you wouldn't find them in the graemlin list. I'm sure Gary could come up with one if we gave him some time. Maybe you can put your skillz to work, Wayne, and do one that morphs between the generations. [Smile]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll get you guys one in a few.

I didn't realize anyone wanted the symbol as a graemlin. I've made several as part of the various other graemlins. [Lar Gand] [Superboy - Kon-El]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Yeah but the ones 'boot points out are not really graemlins. I would consider them icons

They're the same size as graemlins, they're what he was asking for, where's the diff? [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Uh, the fact that he was asking for graemlins and not icons? [Big Grin]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Let there be no friction or extra work on account of a spur-of-the-moment thought I had!

Gary - don't feel you need to devote time to these - I just wondered if such things existed. Maybe if I make some you could put them up is everyone thinks they're good enough, but that's as far as I want you to worry about this Aussie's whims. [Smile]

Scott - You really know how to push my art buttons, don't you. [Wink] You just know that's exactly what I'm going to try now. I find it easier to practice stuff if what I'm doing is actually fun.

And Reboot - I don't even know what the technical diff between icons and graemlins are. Is graemlin a term for a smiley icon that moves? So your symbols were fine. And you better believe I'll use them as reference when I experiment.

[Hug] for all!

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Legion symbol]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

HOLY CRAP!!!

Gary... You rock. [Yes]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

Lightning Lad
Founder

Fo' shizzle my bizzle! [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.