Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » The time is nigh

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The time is nigh
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Remember this?

Well, it's happened/happening. Earlier this month PowWeb copied our site to their new server. And for the past few weeks, I've attempted to get everything to work over there. I finally "fixed" whatever I saw was wrong and we're ready to move.

The problem is that in a few week's time the two sites (this one and the new one) look nothing alike. So much so that PowWeb's tools are giving me new errors (really just the different data and not real errors). Anyway, as this site changes constantly, I'll need to close us down for an unknown amount of time to copy all of the files and transfer them to the new server. Then, it'll take additional time to have the DNS transfered to the new server (i.e. have www.legionworld.net point to it rather than our current server).

That's a lot of time off. Last time we did it, we were a lot smaller and had just been down from being hacked. So I have no idea how long it'll all take.

Scott and I could probably do the move this weekend. But neither of us can commit to the when's and how longs. We've both been extremely busy for awhile now and if we have any free time, we'll probably want to relax first before going through this undertaking.

So, anyway, the point to all of this is that you may log into Legion World at any time in the next few days and see it closed or get some sort of error message OR MAYBE NOT (depending on our schedules). Now you know the reason why. You can always post something at the Yahoo! Group or just get out of the house. Chances are that the main page(s) will still be there while the message board is closed and even the shoutbox may continue to function throughout this process.

You'll know that we moved (and that we're celebrating our 3rd year on the 'Net when you see this logo up top of the main page -
 -

Hopefully I'll be able to do this as our time on this server is running out.

[ June 30, 2006, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for taking up all of these behind-the-scenes gyrations. If the new server arrangement is more stable, the effort and downtime will be well worth it.

I don't think the inane one-word posts thread will suffer too much from being off line for a few days {g} and as to matters of lesser importance ... well, it's time to go out and grill some hot dogs anyway.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mhr_kara
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mhr_kara   Author's Homepage   Email mhr_kara         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's wishing you luck, hopefully everything will go smoothly. [Smile]
From: Earth-247 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't pass up having some fun this holiday weekend in oder to get this done Gary!

As much as we will miss having LW available, we'll survive it's absence...somehow [choke]

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
What? NOOOOOOOOOooooooooo--!!!

Oh, I'M sorry. I thought you were saying the WAKboot Time Trapper was going to be revealed as...

-

...Bill NYE, the Science Guy! [Elastic Lad]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.