Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Legion Forum changes

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Legion Forum changes
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
You may have noticed a few changes.

The current host of our website has placed a limit of no more than 5000 files within any one folder. This is due to keeping stability or something. [Smile]

The Legion forum is reaching it's limit of 5000 files at a rapid pace - currently it contains 4,953 files including both topics and support files.

To curb the rapid growth, we are in the process of moving topics into the Future is Forever forum.

The demarcation line will be a the difference between a topic based on the Legion and Legionnaires from the Legion's various series(s) or a topic based on the appearances of the Legionnaires in other series in or out of the DCU.

Since the series has ended, the FiF forum will be the focal point until a new series (beyond Adventure Comics) is scheduled. At that time, we'll hopefully have a better solution to the technical file issue.

Please utilize the Future is Forever forum when discussing Legion-related topics not based on a Legion series proper. If you are in doubt, use the FiF forum.

To search for and find previous topics use the CATEGORY: LEGION CLUBHOUSE option in the search link to check both forums.

Thanks!

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I just want to say that I love the decision to scroll issues of the LSH from various eras in the Long Live the Legion section. This must have taken an enormous amount of work to set up, and it is much appreciated by all LW members, I'm sure! I can't help but think that it will easily capture the imagination of any new readers of Legion stories who happen to view the site. Well done, my friends! [Smile]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks!

And I should mention that the search function will b a bit off until after the mods help clean up the Legion forum. I'll post here when they are done and I've had a chance to rebuild the search engine.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
I came here to say the same thing as Mediocre Boy. The banner with the different Legion covers through the ages is great! Nice work putting that together.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
How come the section for asking Legion references doesn't work? I'm logged in but it so I can ask a question but the site says that no information exists.

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
It's working fine for me.

Sorry, just realized there was a "ghost" file here. Now removed.

[ November 07, 2009, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Nightcrawler
Founder

More forum changes to help with the new series in May.

The main forum (formally The Future is Forever) is now back to being The Legion of Super-Heroes and will be the place to start and continue topics about the Legion.

The Long Live the Legion! forum is now closed for new topics and will be essentially an "archive" forum, showcasing our past Legion discussions. Your welcome and encouraged to continue to reply to any topic your interested in.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.