Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Check out my omnicom!!! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Check out my omnicom!!!
j. oraknabo
anti-person elite

Icon 1 posted      Profile for j. oraknabo   Author's Homepage   Email j. oraknabo         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm starting a new business and I needed some portfolio samples, including a database frontend done in flash, so I decided to whip up a real live omnicom. I did this in my spare time over the last three days:

http://209.235.210.197/omni/omni.swf

Join the Legion of Unpaid Data Entry!

There's barely any data and I'd like to fill it up quick so you are all 100% welcome to dive in and add entries for anything you want, add to and edit each other's entries, etc. Feel free to give anyone you know a link and if anyone wants me to give a link they can put on a site to pop up a javascript window to it, I'll be happy to. The data entry forms can be found at http://209.235.210.197/omni/addrec.php

I don't really care where anything comes from, copy it from secret files or other sites. Anythings a good starting point. Most stuff will probably be edited a bunch of times anyway.

Have at it :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

From: non-local quantum event | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't care WHAT you call it, I'm not looking below your waist... [Razz]

Seriously, O-bo, that's cool! [Cool]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Very cool, althoug I don;t see that the edits I have made are taking.

If you are interested in adding a section for "missions" I will happily add my indexes to the site

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Also, what is you vision for this (It is very cool by the way) Do you only want to deal with the current reality, or do you want to deal with all realities?

If all, should there be a flag to assign which reality the item/ description belongs to?

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Wonder if you also might beinterested in adding sections for technology and/or terminology?
j. oraknabo
anti-person elite

Icon 1 posted      Profile for j. oraknabo   Author's Homepage   Email j. oraknabo         Edit/Delete Post     
I was thinking current continuity, but I'm sort of interested in seeing how it turns out on its own.

Missions, Tech and other stuff can all go in articles for now. I'm going to build an article category feature soon.

From: non-local quantum event | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j. oraknabo
anti-person elite

also there is a linking feature. I'm going to build a link making tool for the forms, but until then, the syntax is [ref=Record_ID class=Record Class]Linked Text[/ref]

E.G.: [ref=40d246a728aae class=person]Livewire[/ref] will link to Garth's record

You can get the ID and class from the search results.

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Is that an omnicom in your pocket, or...

never mind.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chameleon Boy
World Changer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chameleon Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Chameleon Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Pretty neato so far!! I like it!! [Smile]

[Chameleon Boy]

--------------------
---Changing my Personal Circle with Courage and Love---

From: RWC, CA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
That's a really neat invention, oraknabo! I especially love the Interlac-font search engine. Definitely gives me the chance to polish up on the language while searching the articles! This Omnicom feature is great! Good job!
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

I am really loving it as well, have been diligently adding info.

However, I would still like to suggest that separate classes be created for "Missions" (story reviews) and "Objects." Otherwise, I think you're "articles" section os going to get really clogged.

GREAT WORK though!!!

Portfolio Boy
Deputy

A few quirks:

On entry for Urthlo, nothing entered after aliases displays

Under Uknown Spaceman, not all info entered displays.

Under Mission 1958-04 entry cuts off at other characters.

Is there a limit to amount fo data that can be entered for any one entry? Each of the above cuts off at a different amount of characters...

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Great job - The omnicom looks really cool!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Love your omnicom!!!

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
the omnicom is quite sexy. it is seeing anyone?
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.