Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Violating Rule 11. Attention seeking posts

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Violating Rule 11. Attention seeking posts
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Recently some of us have been posting in violation of -

quote:
11. Attention seeking posts. Topics or posts started with the sole aim of attention seeking, for example - "Look at me", "I'm leaving unless you all beg me to stay", "I'm gonna slit my wrists!" will be deleted immediately. No exceptions.
And while I'm sympathetic to the reasons why these topics are being created and thus have tried to ignore them, they are becoming more prevalent.

And to nip this in the bud before its an epidemic, I'm editing the titles involved to be less "needy." Including any - "Opinions Needed" additives. I think its a reasonable assumption that posting a topic here is an implied request for opinions. Asking for them is in a violation of the rule.

[ April 08, 2010, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
have i been in violation of this rule. i honestly wanted people ideas and suggestions about the la, thing and the money i found

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I did edit a topic title.

Every topic is about posting thinking someone else will take an interest and participate, so it's better to describe what the subject matter entails rather than a "Please respond" or whatever for a title.

No one is obligated to nor should they feel pressure to post. Responses should come from a shared interest or to add an interesting thought. And no one should take it personally should people not respond.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.