Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » USer Titles Question

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: USer Titles Question
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I was just curious about the significance of some of the posting "milestones" for user titles.

The user titles list from our FAQ - http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=faq#usertitles

Posts Title
0 Applicant
24 Candidate
31 Honorary
58 Substitute
199 Reservist
247 Active
1000 Deputy
1958 Leader
2958 Legionnaire!
5000 Wanderer
10000 Time Trapper
100000 Miracle Machiner

I get 247 and 1958, but is there any special significance to 24, 31, 58 and 199?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
I get 247 and 1958, but is there any special significance to 24, 31, 58 and 199?

Hmmm... just educated guesses here, but I'd say:

24 - is the traditional Legion membership cap (if they go to 25 they get hit with high taxes. That's the story where Superboy left the team for the first time)

31 - as in "31st century"

58 - another riff on "1958," the year of the Legion's debut.

199 - I have no idea on this one. The only thing that comes to mind is the fact that the double-page spread in Legion of 3 Worlds supposedly had 200 Legionnaires depicted, so - perhaps - at the time of those titles being made there had been, to date, 199 different Legionnaires across different boots? That's just a guess.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Ex seems to have figured out the reasons. It's been so long ago that I don't recall the reasoning for 199. It must have had something Legion-related at some time. (It was way before Legion of 3 Worlds...2003 is when the board was set up and I wouldn't have counted how many Legionnaires there have been in total or anything.)

My guess may be SUPERBOY #199 was the return of the Legion to prominence? Maybe?

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:

24 - is the traditional Legion membership cap (if they go to 25 they get hit with high taxes. That's the story where Superboy left the team for the first time)

I think 25 was the cap, as there were 26 Legionnaires that time. But the reason probably still holds.

Thanks for the other guesses though.

Actually, 199's stumped everyone over on the other thread too (and in hindsight, I should have stuck to one thread, oops. Maybe I'll edit the purpose of the other one).

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000299

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.