Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » We're Moving! (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: We're Moving!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm fine with however long it takes.

One thing I noticed though:

We seem to have lost five members on the new board.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I noticed that too.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by SoM:
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
The problems with porting over forced my hand sooner than I was ready.

You definitely can't redo it? It seems like there's a LOT of stress for you caused by the fact that it's Been Done and we'll lose something like a month's worth of posts - if you could do a new transfer, then you could simply take as long as you need.
That's the problem. When I was doing the transfers not everything (especially the posts) would come over and the script is built in such a way that it overwrites and starts all over again. The VB guy that manages the importing tool also had numerous issues due to the age and modding of this board (and he knows what he is doing). The last port he did, gave us the most we both thought was possible and I made the decision that it was the best place to stop. This wasn't an easy process that can be repeated whenever I want to.

The month worth of posts can be re-posted manually. There's also a hack that I can use to rewrite the authors and the dates, if I have to move it all over myself.

I'll look at the date when I get home.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Minor thing then - can you switch the dates to say (e.g.) "December 11, 2012" rather than 12-11-2012? The latter looks like the 12th of November to me (and probably all other UK Legion Worlders).

Remember remember the twelfth of November!!! [Wink]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I really like the new version of the website. I especially like the addition of Groups.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Small detail. I tried to log in...not registered. Tried to register...e-mail already in use.

What shoudl I do?

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

I'll look into it.

Ah...vBulletin doesn't have the concept of log in vs. public usernames. Most people's names have been converted to their public name. Try that and let me know if there's still an issue.

I'll be looking into hacking the board to allow separate public names, but for now that's the way it is.

[ December 18, 2012, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... so no name-changing on the new boards?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
I'll look into it.

Ah...vBulletin doesn't have the concept of log in vs. public usernames. Most people's names have been converted to their public name. Try that and let me know if there's still an issue.

I'll be looking into hacking the board to allow separate public names, but for now that's the way it is.

That worked. Thanks, I would not of thought to actually try that.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoM
Reboot's backup account

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoM           Edit/Delete Post     
Remember I said Mr. Google found it? Therefore, the spammers have too.

--------------------
Backup account for Reboot.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Thanks! I've finally figured out how to block registrations.
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Hmm... so no name-changing on the new boards?

Not naturally. It'll have to be added on in some way.
SoM
Reboot's backup account

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoM           Edit/Delete Post     
Another thing I just noticed - one user (Phantom-Girl) seems to have been duplicated, with all her posts appearing under "imported_Phantom-Girl".

http://www.legionworld.net/forum/member.php?2596-Phantom-Girl
http://www.legionworld.net/forum/member.php?2597-imported_Phantom-Girl

--------------------
Backup account for Reboot.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[sulks]

It's not letting me log in at all, at least for now.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Another thing I just noticed - one user (Phantom-Girl) seems to have been duplicated, with all her posts appearing under "imported_Phantom-Girl".

I'll have to merge them when I get home. I had to do the same for me as I was pre-existing. Don't know why she is, though.

quote:
Originally posted by cleome46:
[sulks]

It's not letting me log in at all, at least for now.

Are you trying cleome or cleome46?
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.