Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » We're Moving! (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: We're Moving!
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
"Quick reply" makes me happy.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome46:

[sulks]

It's not letting me log in at all, at least for now.

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Are you trying cleome or cleome46?

I just typed in the name, without the number on the end, Nighty. Was that correct?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

My username is "rouge" but I had to log in as "Dave Hackett" so it looks like your display name is what you use.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I like the webcam! And wasn't surprised at all that it sent to Lash's shower!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I like the webcam! And wasn't surprised at all that it sent to Lash's shower!

No surprise there. Default setting my friend.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:

[sulks]

It's not letting me log in at all, at least for now.

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Are you trying cleome or cleome46?

I just typed in the name, without the number on the end, Nighty. Was that correct?

You'll need the number.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Sent Prof an e-mail in case he hasn't seen this thread. He's done a lot of work in the "New Gods" thread this week and I'd hate for him to not realise what's going on.
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
So...maybe I've missed it, cause honestly I haven't read the entire thread... but is there a projected shift date when the new system comes online?

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Don't know if you're looking for feedback, but the search function in Firefox places the typed characters in an invisible font. The search also threw me a DB error the first time I tried it and and took a long time to respond the second.
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
So...maybe I've missed it, cause honestly I haven't read the entire thread... but is there a projected shift date when the new system comes online?

No.

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
Don't know if you're looking for feedback, but the search function in Firefox places the typed characters in an invisible font. The search also threw me a DB error the first time I tried it and and took a long time to respond the second.

I haven't finished any of the CSS. This is not how it'll be when it opens. Right now just assume it'll get done by the time we switch over and then if it's not please let me know.

I looked for Search features yesterday to make changes and haven't found where that's at yet. I'm still learning how to deal with PHP and databases, so hopefully it'll not be too bad when we go live.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Don't know if you're looking for feedback, but the search function in Firefox places the typed characters in an invisible font.

Seems fitting for a Legion message board. I'd keep that feature. [LOL]
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Don't know if you're looking for feedback, but the search function in Firefox places the typed characters in an invisible font.

If you install Stylish and add this as a rule, it should fix all the invisiblity problems:
code:
@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("legionworld.net") {
.textbox, textarea, select, textarea {color:black}
#sidebar_container .userprof_content .blockrow {background:#222222 !important}
#sidebar_container a:link, .widget_content a:link{color:#afafff !important}
#sidebar_container a:visited, .widget_content a:visited{color:#8080ff !important}
#thumbnails {color:#2F2F4F}
#thumbnails a{color:#000080 !important}
#sidebar_container .blocksubhead, .cms_widget_header h3 {color:blue !important}
.newcontent_textcontrol {color:#afafff !important}
a.textcontrol{
background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #000080 0%, #000060 44%, #000040 100%) !important;
color:#afafff !important;
border-radius:0.5em !important}
.pagination span a {border-color:#000080}
.pagination span.selected a {border-color:blue}
}

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoM
Reboot's backup account

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoM           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm getting database errors. Nothing particularly informative, just that the db has crashed:

quote:
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
quote:
Database error
The Legion World database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.legionworld.net home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.legionworld.net forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

--------------------
Backup account for Reboot.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't seem to log into the new site ...

[Frown]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoM
Reboot's backup account

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoM           Edit/Delete Post     
Just had a similar and slightly-more-informative message at LegionWiki:

quote:

Legion Wiki has a problem

Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties.
Try waiting a few minutes and reloading.

(Can't contact the database server: User legionwo_wikiuse already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections (localhost))

Looks like it may be a plain-and-simple capacity issue, since nuLWorld and LWiki share a database, yes? That bodes ill...

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
I can't seem to log into the new site ...

[Frown]

Because the site isn't loading, or because you're trying to log in as "disaster boy" rather than "Power Boy"?

--------------------
Backup account for Reboot.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.