Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Legion Word Association (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: Legion Word Association
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I think this game got eaten in the GLWBOO3003, so let's start over.

Simple rules. Just repond to the word posted with the first Legion related word, or phrase, that comes to mind.

Feel free to post why the particular word, or phrase, leaps to mind.

I'll start

TYROC

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[Aaahhh!] Marzal [Aaahhh!]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somebody
Banner-Man

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somebody   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
tape recorders [Smile]

See TMK for details [Razz]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
urp, I have no idea what to do with that. Tape recorders... well, I recall an early Tyroc appearance (#222?) featured his voice being recorded. The only other memorable thing about that issue, if I am even thinking of the right one, is that it had a Chuck & Lu back-up. Loved Lu's bronze age costume, so...

Dave Cockrum

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Duo Damsel's split costume. That's the first Cockrum memory that comes to mind because it was such a cool costume. Impractical, but cool.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey HWW! You forgot to include the follow up word or name for the next person to associate! (or did you intend for someone to work with 'cool' [Wink]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm... this game's moving a bit chunkily....

Let's assume the last word is cool...

POLAR BOY~

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Estimate Lad
Substitute Poster

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Estimate Lad   Email Estimate Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Spaceopoly Lad
From: Kernow | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

[Confused] [Confused]
How did you get Spaceopoly Lad out of Polar Boy?

Is Spaceopoly Lad even a real character, or something the fans devised?

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
Is Spaceopoly Lad even a real character, or something the fans devised?

Spaceopoly Lad appeared in LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES v4 #49 (Nov 93). He was a member of Polar Boy's Tartarun Heroes, along with Policy Pam, Styx, Stiletta, Sugyn, & Echo-Chamber Chet.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Help file quote:

quote:
Spaceopoly Lad

Spaceopoly Lad is a being from Tartarus with the power of extreme patience and superb powers of concentration which enables him to finish every game of Spaceopoly that he starts. He was discovered in 2995 by Brek Bannin, the royal super-powers trainer, and brought into his secret group to help stop Evillo from controlling the planet. He was supposed to engage Evillo in a game of Spaceopoly to distract him from the actions of the group's other members, but Evillo was warned by his sentries and left the game. Spaceopoly Lad finished the game while the others were fighting Evillo's robotic skeleton, and was awarded Tartarus's highest honor, the Order of the Dead Vampire Head, and hired to be part of the planet's elite defense team (Legion of Super-Heroes (3rd series) # 49).

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

So from Spaceopoly Lad I get:

Dungeons and Dragons

Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Oh, well that explains that then. Sadly, these issues were released during a poriod when I did not have access to a Comics Shop.

I have the issues, but got them out of back issues bins and onyl skimmed them as I did not buy them in order. Now that I do have the complete run, I really ought to sit down one of these days a read the whole thing straight through.

Ya know, I always thought you guys made up Chet and Pam too.... [Frown]

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
well, YOU GO GET THAT BOOK!!! It was soooo funny not even JLI's Blue and Gold could pull off! Also, that's where Matter-Eater Lad and Saturn Queen got married!

Love that book!

anyway, back to the game....

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
D & D...

Dragonmage

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.