Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Create a Legion Team game! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Create a Legion Team game!
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I started this one just before the Legion World Blackout of 2003, so I thought I'd start it again! The rules are simple: first, you have to pick a Legion-related scenario, and second, you have to pick the very best 6-member Legion team you can come up with to resolve the situation. The scenarios can be as serious, funny, or crazy as you like! I'll start:

Scenario: Investigate rumors that the White Triangle Daxamites have escaped from their red-sun prison planetoid.

M'Onel
Ultra Boy
Apparition
Brainiac 5
Wildfire
Andromeda (Wherever she is)

See? It's easy and fun! Now you try!!!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
This was a great game, but I don't want to repost my Find Lori & Koko team.

New mission: an angry mob has broken through the defenses of a special research facility on Earth housing six Somahturans

Team:
Wildifire - can't get sick!
Apparition - maybe can't get sick in phantom form? and can search move easily through barriers
M'onel - power to control mob
Gates - to teleport people away as needed and maybe his physiology would resist Somahturans
Kinetix - wierd powers which might be useful - but she was able to heal M'onel with her energy and could help any who fall ill
Chameleon - again, could change to something resistant to illnesses - something inorganic

There would be risk involved for most of these team members, but less than for other legionnaires. And since when has risk stopped them?

Of course, they would all have been briefed before leaving by Invisible Kid or Brainiac 5

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

An away team has to answer a United Planets board of inquiry for something or other:

Kid Quantum (current leader, no-nonsense intelligence and presence)
Cosmic Boy (most level-headed, calming presence)
Saturn Girl (Mind-reading, cool and collected)
M'onel (Inspires respect as Earth's hero during the "lost" year)
Wildfire (Can play "bad cop," cuts to the heart of the discussion. Hotheaded but controllable.)
Invisible Kid (Goes to the hearing invisibly to unearth the conspirators who brought teh inquiry together in the first place)

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

A team goes to Vyrga to offer relief to the badly-underpopulated and ravaged inhabitants:

Gates
Shikari
Kid Quantum
Brainiac 5
Spark
Ultra Boy

--------------------

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
A team is sent to be the 'entertainment' at one of my 'special' LMBP parties (hey, it's a vital importance to the universe. [Razz] )

Braniac 5
Timberwolf
Invisible Kid
Star Boy
Mon'el
Chameleon (so he can be *everyone's* ideal man).

All of course dressed in nothing but their best sexy pants. [Good]

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Mission: Respond to a reported sighting of the Persuader on Talok VIII

Team:

Umbra
Timber Wolf
Chameleon Boy
Spark
Cosmic Boy

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:

Scenario: Investigate rumors that the White Triangle Daxamites have escaped from their red-sun prison planetoid.

M'Onel
Ultra Boy
Apparition
Brainiac 5
Wildfire
Andromeda (Wherever she is)

I would send:

M'Onel: for strength to battle Daxamites
Ultra Boy: also for stregth
Kid Quantum: who should be able to nutralize a swath of tranglers, regardless of strength class, in one of her quantum spheres
Shikari: if they have escaped, they need to be found
Brainiac 5: force field to protect innocents, and brains to figure out how the Traingles might have escaped
Saturn Girl: to scan minds of remaining inmates for clues.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:

New mission: an angry mob has broken through the defenses of a special research facility on Earth housing six Somahturans

Team:
Wildifire - can't get sick!
Apparition - maybe can't get sick in phantom form? and can search move easily through barriers
M'onel - power to control mob
Gates - to teleport people away as needed and maybe his physiology would resist Somahturans
Kinetix - wierd powers which might be useful - but she was able to heal M'onel with her energy and could help any who fall ill
Chameleon - again, could change to something resistant to illnesses - something inorganic

I am ging with the theory that any Legionniare should be protected from disease if wearing a transuit. So I am putting together a team mainly for crowd control.

Invisible Kid (team leader): should be familiar with medical facilities, and have knowldge to handle medical emergencies
Brainiac 5: force field for crown control and brains to solve any medical problems
Saturn Girl: Can broadcast calming messages to crowd
Cosmic Boy: can use powers to create barriers and/or disarm crowd.
Spark: general shock and awe to get the crowds attention

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

whoops, missed one.

Kid Quantum: to control as much of crowd as she can in a quantum sphere

Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
An away team has to answer a United Planets board of inquiry for something or other:

Kid Quantum (current leader, no-nonsense intelligence and presence)
Cosmic Boy (most level-headed, calming presence)
Saturn Girl (Mind-reading, cool and collected)
M'onel (Inspires respect as Earth's hero during the "lost" year)
Wildfire (Can play "bad cop," cuts to the heart of the discussion. Hotheaded but controllable.)
Invisible Kid (Goes to the hearing invisibly to unearth the conspirators who brought teh inquiry together in the first place)

Kid Quantum (cuurent leader)
Saturn Girl (founder, represnts a core world)
Cosmic Boy (founder, represents a core world, has many admirerers as a Legionniare and as a sports star)
Spark (a sub for her brother as founder, represents a core world, can play 'bad cop')
Invisible Kid (co-worte Legion Constitution, can spy on delegates)
Apparition (delegates will be anxious to kiss up to her since her mom is a big UP mcky-muck)

Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
A team goes to Vyrga to offer relief to the badly-underpopulated and ravaged inhabitants:

Gates
Shikari
Kid Quantum
Brainiac 5
Spark
Ultra Boy

Gates (team leader)(his homeworld)
M'Onel (strength for transporting large amounts of food & supplies, as well as building shelters)
Ultra Boy (as above)
XS (speed for transport of supplies and building shelters)
Gear (to help enstablish needed technology)
Brainiac 5 (planning and logistics)

Kid Prime
Founder

Good call, PB, on using Gear and XS on the Vyrgan homeworld! I didn't think of them, and they both certainly make impressive additions to that team.

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Is Darkseid alive?? Send out a team to Apokolips and find out!!:

-- Shikari: tracking, 'natch
-- Rokk: historical knowledge (mission leader)
-- M'onel: muscle and historical knowledge
-- WILDFIRE: more muscle (and just cuz!)
-- Saturn Girl: cuz sometimes muscle fails
-- Brainiac 5: to help deal with whatever traps or tech they might find on Apokolips

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
Mission: Respond to a reported sighting of the Persuader on Talok VIII

Team:

Umbra
Timber Wolf
Chameleon Boy
Spark
Cosmic Boy

I would send:

Umbra (team leader) (her homeworld)
Apparition (Legionairre theoretically least suseptable to attack by atomic axe)
Ultra Boy (strength to take down Pursuader if found)
Timber Wolf (general speed and strength to assist in takedown, also gang fighting experience likely to help combat Pursuaders fighting style)
Chameleon: (can adopt form of sand people to gather information)
Violet (a small target for Pursuader to hit, or a big one to stomp on him)

Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
Is Darkseid alive?? Send out a team to Apokolips and find out!!:

-- Shikari: tracking, 'natch
-- Rokk: historical knowledge (mission leader)
-- M'onel: muscle and historical knowledge
-- WILDFIRE: more muscle (and just cuz!)
-- Saturn Girl: cuz sometimes muscle fails
-- Brainiac 5: to help deal with whatever traps or tech they might find on Apokolips

M'Onel (team leader, included for reasons Drake cites)
Shikari (also as above)
Wildfire (general power against parademons)
Invisible Kid (stealth, ability to search undetected)
Star Boy (ability to neutralize large number of opponents simultaniously)
Apparition (access to locked and closed off areas)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.