Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Teen Titans Trivia (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 85 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  83  84  85   
Author Topic: Teen Titans Trivia
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
Titans Hunt = Reason I Dropped the Titans, so my memory is a bit fuddled.

To be completely anal and tacky, the Wildebeests's skipped the dead ones, which at the time includes: Aqua Girl, Dove I, Robin II, Gnaark, Terra I.

Duela Dent, Protector (from the Anti-Drug issues & Who's Who), Speedy, Azrael, Flamebird, Hawk, Dove II, Thunder & Lightning, and Lillith were former Titan members/allies also absent from the Titans Hunt, I think (it's hazy - no idea how it ended).

Bumblebee, Herald and Chris King have the unique position of being mentioned in the thought balloon but never appearing on-panel in the rockets the Titans are strapped into. This stood out because they depict every other person mentioned, including (I think) Magenta, but skip on nude shots of Mal, Karen and Chris. (And of course I wanted to see how Mal was holding up with his former boxing title and all. For artistic reasons. Ahem.)

[ October 04, 2004, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: 235 - Andy S ]

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Andy - you should have kept reading! We got to see a naked Mal (as well as Karen and Chris and all the rest of the captured Titans) when the souls of Azareth posessed them and turned them against the last remaining "free" Titans at the end of the 'Hunt'! [Wink]

Unfortunately there were some handy plumes of smoke everywhere to protect everyone's modesty... but it was still pretty racy. Mal may have retired but it looks like he's definitely kept up his boxing training! [Wink]

There were 5 (still living) Titans that the Wildebeests never went for whom I had in mind for this question...

You got -

* Harlequin (who had dropped out of comics during this period)
* Speedy (who disappeared just before the Hunt started and then popped up again afterward as Arsenal)
* Flamebird (who's non-metahuman status meant she would have been worthless to the Wildebeests anyway, even though they still captured Mal and Karen - go figure)
and
* Lilith (who did appear during the 'War of the Gods' crossover part of the Hunt but for some reason was forgotten by the Wildebeests)

- I don't consider Protector a Titan.
- I wasn't thinking about Titan-allies like Thunder and Lightning, Azrael and Dove II when I posted the question but since other Titan-allies like Magenta and Chris King were included in the story I guess I should've. Kudos for remembering them.
- In the final issue of Hawk and Dove the Wildebeests were shown trying (and failing) to capture Hawk.

That leaves one (fairly prominent) Titan missing from the list. However, since my memory isn't as strong on him as it was the others, and since you got all the others anyway I may as well reveal him -

* Flash (I'm quite sure he wasn't one of the captured ones and I don't think we ever saw any attempts on him in his own series)

(By the way I almost included Troia on this list because she was away with Wonder Woman when the Hunt started, but then remembered that the Wildebeests went for her when she got back - only for her to be captured by the Greek Gods for 'War of the Gods' first. Phew! That girl can't get a break!)

Take it away Andy!

[ October 04, 2004, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
LOL -- u know that storyline was so befuddled and bewildering, the creative team barely kept track of it

(now i have to dig up Titans back-issues to see Mal naked -- it better be worth it, Blacula, or I'll have to Wildebeest-hunt you!)

Oh, and Mal and Karen have GOT to have some kind of latent meta-gene -- popping out of comics limbo in a steady stream of meta-related kidnap stories (i desperately hope their meta-gene isn't that they were the only black people who could join the Titans pre-Wolfman, which historically *might* be considered a superpower considering the era)

Now, for my question...
Dr. Light was a common JLA foe who went up against the Teen Titans. What other JLAer Rogues battled the Titans?

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm, I can only think of Gorilla Grodd and Vandal Savage.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

- The Royal Flush Gang are JLA villains who fought the Titans.
- IQ and the Gentleman Ghost (Hawkman villains) also popped up in one story.
- Blue Devil's villain, Shockwave, appeared during Faerbar's run.

... that's all I can think of for now.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S

gorilla grodd & vandal savage are perhaps the biggest
Royal Flush Gang, IQ, Gentleman Ghost are definitely there
Shockwave counts in a minor way even though he's utterly lame & blue devil's league membership was completely forgettable IMO
There's a key Bat-villain missing from your list:
Blacula or Vee - whichever one of you gets it, gets the question

Blacula
Easy

I've been racking my brains trying to think of who this might be... and I finally got it!

And its so obvious too - TWO-FACE! That issue that had him on the cover holding his gun to Duela Dent's head was the first issue I ever bought of Teen Titans vol. I. I don't know how I forgot it.

Assuming I'm right I'll go ahead with the next question, and I'll make it an easy one too -

Who were the original members of the Fearsome Five?

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Dr. Light, Shimmer, Mammoth, Gizmo, & Psimon

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Correctamundo. You're up Quislet.
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Which Titans were featured in the 1967-69 animated foray?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S

yes, blacula, you got it
i was kinda surprised you missed 2-face
one of my favorite issues, he had a great gang of meta-powered twins (Flamesplasher and Splashflamer were particularly priceless) PLUS it was the big reveal of Duela which was also cool (as i thought Bumblebee, Wonder Girl and the Joker's Daughter were the best things about comics at the time -- and yes, i wanted to hang with them, not date them)

QUISLET - that was in the series of goofy (fabulous) cartoons that seemed to move by some strange constantly repeating backgrounds and posing, right? it was Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Aqua Lad and Speedy, i think
(never knew why Robin was absent in this version of the TT)

[ October 07, 2004, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: 235 - Andy S ]

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

That's the one Andy and the Titans. Apparently there were only three made. I assume they didn't use Robin because he was appearing in the Batman cartoon at the time.

--------------------

235 - Andy S

thanks, quislet

Who would have been the 1st gay Titan?

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Aqualad?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Jericho?
  This topic comprises 85 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  83  84  85   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.