Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Teen Titans Trivia (Page 83)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 85 pages: 1  2  3  ...  80  81  82  83  84  85   
Author Topic: Teen Titans Trivia
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
She's apparently at least the fourth, as there was a one-shot Supergirl villain who used the name as well. Which makes it even more bizarre that Cockrum wasn't allowed to use the name.

Anyway, the trait is the long-hair with energy trail following her when she flies, but what we're looking for is a specific connection between that and the name "Wildfire".

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Hint: If Drake Burroughs hadn't been named "Wildfire", this connection might be a bit more obvious.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
When I think about this question, this Wildfire keeps popping up in my mind

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Is it because of this Wildfire and her rather wild red hair?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

That's basically it. The long-hair merging into energy trail was a distinctive feature of the original Wildfire. I'm pretty sure she originated it, being one of the first female comics characters.

Click for fullsize image

I just thought it was kind of a cool fact amongst the already complicated tangle of characters using the same names, with the original Wildfire not being used in All-Star Squadron because of the Legionnaire sharing her name, while in turn the Legionnaire was originally supposed to be called "Starfire" but was prevented by another character with that name, and meanwhile the most famous Starfire borrowed a very distinctive trait from the original Wildfire.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

It's part of the circle of life!

Miss Martian was responsible for which character gaining their powers?

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Bombshell?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Nope (at least, not that I'm aware)

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Hmm... Solstice?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Nope, not Solstice either.

Hint - think non-paper [Wink]

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Is that a clue to the Young Justice cartoon? I've never watched that I'm afraid.

Random guess - Zatara.

Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, it does sound like something I heard in Young Justice, but can't remember. Guessing Lagon/Lagoon Boy?
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Offspring?
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Yes, I am referring to the Young Justice toon. None of those are right, though.

Clue - this character is more commonly associated with a different comic book superhero team than with Young Justice.

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Star Girl?
  This topic comprises 85 pages: 1  2  3  ...  80  81  82  83  84  85   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.