Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
All are comic book characters/titles that were also unrelated movie titles.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
You're on the right track... just missing one detail.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Did the filmmakers need to get permission to use those titles from the respective owners of the comics characters?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Uh... not sure. I know they did in two cases; don't know about the third. But that's not what I'm thinking of.

I might as well just tell you; it's clearly your question next and there's no point in making you jump through hoops:

All three movies in question were 1984 movies. How weird is that?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

There is a little twist on this one too, but we'll see if anyone gets it:
Richard Dreyfuss
Willie Mays
Mercedes McCambridge

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I think a hint is needed.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

It's a similar triad to the one you posted last week, Quis.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
So I assume they all were guest stars on some show. Would that show be the Love Boat?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

No. Right network, but off by about a decade.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
They all guest starred on Bewitched?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Right-O. Specifically, they all played witch/warlock types (to use the terminology of the show).
A very young Richard Dreyfuss played Rodney, an old friend of Samantha's (on whom he had a crush) who changed himself into a dog that Darrin brought home.
Mercedes McCambridge played Carlotta, a flamboyant witch whose son Juke was promised Samantha's hand in marriage.
And Willie Mays played himself. He puts in an appearance at a party and then disappears. Darrin asks Sam "Is he?" to which she responds "The way he hits home runs?"

Up to you, Scott.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks RL. I'll try and post another question in a bit. Don't have one off the top of my head.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Okay, here's one.

Kiefer Sutherland
Rob Zombie
Me (yes, I mean myself, Scott)

ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
You've all been undead at some point? [Razz]

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

[LOL] Not the answer I was looking but a damn good one.
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.