Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Name Three (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 113 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  111  112  113   
Author Topic: Name Three
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
This is the reverse of the Triad thread. Thanks to Matthew E for the idea.

The first poster (that'll be me) gives a catagory. The next poster has to fill in three examples. The answering poster does not have to have the same examples as the questioning poster, but should be able to show how the example fits the catagory if questioned. Then the answering poster gets to post the next catagory. The poster who starts the catagory has to be able to provide the three examples if everyone else gets stuck. (so no trying to stump people with an impossible catagory)

First Catagory:

Name three situation comedies in which a new child is introduced after a couple of seasons.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I'm stretching the 'couple' of seasons, but...

- 'The Cosby Show', where Raven-Symone was added after a few years
- 'Family Ties', where they had another son named Andrew after a few years
- 'Diff'rent Strokes', where Danny Cooksey (as the son of what's-her-name from 'Designing Women') joined after a few years

Name three situation comedies (I know this isn't the all-sitcom thread, but the previous question reminded me of it), all starring the same actor, in which the actor's first name is the same as the character's first name in all three sitcoms. (I actually know of multiple correct ways to answer this question.)

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Matthew,

You didn't stretch the "couple" of seasons qualifier. You actually got 2 of the shows I was thinking of. The third one I thought of was the Brady Bunch which introduced the infamous cousin Oliver.

As for your question, I did use the IMDB to Get the names of the series and see if I was right for the number.

One answer would be:
1) Mary Tyler Moore Show as Mary Richards
2) Mary Tyler Moore Hour as Mary McKinnon
3) Mary as Mary Brenner

NEXT: Name three things named after a Norse god (or goddess)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I would have used Bob Newhart for Matt's question, but Mary works too.

Norse, eh? I'll take the easy ones.

1.Friday from Frey
2.Wednesday from Wotan/Odin
3.Thursday from Thor

NEXT: Name three cities that have hosted (or are slated to host) the Olympics twice - but not three times.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Los Angeles - 1932 and 1984
Paris - 1900 and 1924
Helsinki - slated to in 1940, actual in 1952.

Name three mountains that are the highest on their respective continents.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Mount Everest in Asia
Denali (aka Mount McKinley) in North America
Kilimanjaro in Africa

Name three three US presidents who have served in political office after their presidency.

--------------------

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
(By the way, I had Tony Danza in mind for the sitcom one. Has he *ever* played anybody not named 'Tony'?)

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
John Quincy Adams (House)
Andrew Johnson (Senate)
William Howard Taft (Chief Justice)

Next:

Name three Hanna-Barbera cartoon series depicting a family living in a time other than the present.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
The Jetsons
The Flintstones
The Roman Holidays

Next Name Three FEMALE Sidekicks from the Golden Age (1940's)

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Etta Candy (if Doiby Dickles was a sidekick, she was a sidekick)
Dian Belmont (I think she qualifies)
Merry, Girl of 1001 Gimmicks

Name three Legionnaires, by birth name, who have gone by four or more superhero codenames (one Legionnaire has gone by seven).

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ayla Ranzz (Lightning Lass/Light Lass/Gossamer/Spark)
Lar Gand (Mon-El/Valor/M'Onel/Marvel Lad)
Tinya Wazzo (Phantom Girl/Phase/Apparition/Phantom Woman)

Next:
Name three cities that were built specifically to be national capitals.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Washington, DC (USA)
Canberra (Australia)
Brasilia (Brazil)

NEXT:

Name the three wives of Tom Cruise

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
1) Mimi Rogers
2) Nicole Kidman
3) Katie Holmes

Except I don't know fi he and Holmes are actually married yet. He was also engaged to Penelope Cruz but never actually got hitched.

Next name three songs by Rufus Wainwright featured in films or on movie soundtracks.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Bevis,

It looks like you stumped us. Want to ask a new one?

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Isn't Bevis on a long vacation? Maybe someone else should take the ball? I'll go ahead - if Bevis comes back soon I will apologise profusely. (I'm used to it - I'm married.)

Name 3 world chess champions.

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 113 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  111  112  113   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.