Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Name Three (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 113 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  111  112  113   
Author Topic: Name Three
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Susan B. Anthony
Amelia Jenks Bloomer
Lucy Stone

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Go ahead.

Unless you are unsure about your three, you should just go ahead and ask for the next three.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds good to me.

Name three people for whom a holiday commemorating their birth is a legal holiday in the United States.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Martin Luthor King, Jr.
Christopher Coluimbus
George Washington (Although his holiday got combiuned with Lincoln's Birthday to become President's Day)

Name 3 famous fathers and sons

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Um, Columbus Day celebrates Columbus' arrival in the New World, not his birthday (which is unknown).

So, pursuant to Rockhopper's question, I'll answer

Martin Luther King, Jr.
George Washington
Abraham Lincoln (the latter two combined as President's Day, of course)

(I'll wait to see if this is what Rockhopper Lad had in mind before posting the next three.)

[ August 10, 2006, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: He Who Wanders ]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

He Who Wanders, I think you should go. You are correct about his birth being unknown.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Not what I had in mind, but close enough. Go ahead.

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, wouldn't Jesus be the third one?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Jesus would certainly qualify, Chaim.

List three British monarchs who reigned for more than 50 years.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:
Actually, wouldn't Jesus be the third one?

Technically, it wouldn't. December 25th was only declared as Jesus' birthday by the Catholic Church, to counter the various winter solstice rituals. And the shepherds wouldn't have been out with their flocks in December, as that was the rainy season.

But since your answer was already declared right... never mind. [Big Grin]

[ August 11, 2006, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Seth Gaterra ]

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Jesus was the person I had in mind: I did say commemorations of birth, not actual birthdays. We don't know exactly when Jesus was born and neither Washington nor King would have celebrated their birthdays on the third Monday of January or February.

Technically, the US Government does not recognise "President's Day". It calls it Washington's Birthday.

So, the three people whose birth commemorations are federal holidays in the US are Martin Luther King, George Washington and Jesus.

Oh yes, to answer HWW,

George III
Victoria
Elizabeth II

Name three TV series produced by Desilu.

--------------------

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Star Trek!

Oh, yeah,

Star Trek
I Love Lucy
the Andy Griffith Show.

Name novels by Alexandre Dumas.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

The Three Musketeers
The Count of Monte Cristo
The Man in the Iron Mask

Name 3 fictional animals from kiddie lit.

--------------------

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Those are the only ones I know.

Go, Quis (get busy, wait, what year is this?)!

[Triad] [Ferro]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

KryptonKid,

you aren't going to try to name 3 fictional animals from kiddie lit?

--------------------

This topic comprises 113 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  111  112  113   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.